Tags

If you have a suggestion for the forum, post your idea here with an appropriate poll and a fair time limit: the majority wins.

User Tags

Poll ended at Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:38 am

Stay as it is
44%
Allow once per month
25%
Allow twice per year
19%
Allow after special dispensation (i.e. mass consensus or poll))
No votes
Allow User changes (admin remove this option if not poss plzkthnks)
13%
Do not allow (un democratic)
No votes
Allow Admin at whim
No votes

Total votes: 16

Jezreel

Tags

Postby Jezreel » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:38 am

So. There's no drama here anymore. I need it to survive so I'll make my own.

I think that perhaps people take their tags for granted and change them with far too great an ease without giving them much thought sometimes.

SO as that is the cut and thrut of it, I suggest that although tag changing is free, and can be done no problemo, it can only be done once a month, OR> it can only be done a few times, OR it can only be done twice OR it can only be done after a poll. I dunno. It just seems that people are picking randomness and changing it on a whim.

Is it user possible to change tags?
(I think not???)

Right. Pissed Jez attempts a poll (pole) powel)

(Yeah I know what the probable outcome is, but I like to think about shit alright?)

Blak
Tech Moderator
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Re: Tags

Postby Blak » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:46 am

oh noes, our freedoms :o

Hang on a minute I havn't even got a custom tag, ban this sick filth I says!!!!!!1onetwocake

nomis
Site Admin

Postby nomis » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:51 am

I'm not too bothered either way. However, limiting users to one change per whatever is more likely to be more work in terms of keeping track that it would be to just change the tag IMO.

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:08 am

Yeah, but if the twice per year was at Xmas (or that week) and Summer (or 1-2 weeks then) then it'd be an occasion to think about.

Just a discussion point is all.

xx

Luv you guys.

xx

Steve
Tag: SSSSSSSSssssssssss

Postby Steve » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:57 am

Keep it as it is.

Is it really that hard for Dan or Dan to change them?

And so what if people change them frequently, what's wrong with that?

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:17 am

Funny you bring this up Jez, I was only thinking along the same lines last night.

In all honesty, yes it's a bit annoying at times the frequency that some people change their tags, and whilst it may not be a huge deal to do it's more a case of quantity than anything else. However, I decided against saying anything about it as it's such a small thing and if it makes someone happier in even the tiniest way then I'll sit there and change tags all day long, as I love this place and I love you guys and gals. Simple as.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Tinlad
Tech Moderator
Tag: Dog food scientist.

Postby Tinlad » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:49 am

I voted once per month, but I don't think it should be too rigid. Just have it as a not-too-strictly-enforced guideline so as people don't take the piss with how often they change it.

That said, it doesn't really bother me. I've yet to think of any tag for me that can beat the warm, special feeling I get from having my status as a Tech Mod reaffirmed with each post I make. ;)

Helios

Postby Helios » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:13 pm

Strange that you posted this just as I was planning on asking for a tag change.... :?

smiler2505

Postby smiler2505 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:41 pm

let users do it

Joe

Postby Joe » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:14 pm

If you make it harder for people to change tags then it encourages a bit of thought and creativity in what they choose. At the moment they're nothing more than whimsical bits of text that say nothing about the user because of the ease and frequency with which they change. I bet if you picked from a hat filled with TOP usernames you'd have a hard time remembering what their status tag is, which just illustrates how meaningless and devalued the tags have become.

My humble opinion is that the tags should be like tattoos. Maybe just henna tattoos though :P

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:22 pm

Changed this to finish next friday.
Want a say? Vote now!

I think if it's monthly that wins, then it should be a "one day only special" 1st day of every month. Miss your chance, save up for the next one ;)

tinchick

Postby tinchick » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:50 pm

I think I like my tag.... I've stuck with it but sometimes it takes a while to come up with something that you feel comfortable sticking with. That and I'm an old fart and don't like change :P

DJ
Tag: Cured

Postby DJ » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:29 pm

I'd charge, with £5 donations to charity. At least that idea was something good that came of PCFF.
That way, like Joe said, it'd make you think about having something cool/witty/intelligent/insightful etc. It's why I've not had one yet, as when I do I want people to think "Ooooo.... " rather than something to skip over.
It might raise the perceived intelligence level of the forum too and make us all look cool.

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:43 pm

Then the admins can swap them for "Under Watch" for no adequately explained reason and never give them back...

Then we can swap the logo for a fugly one, add a swear filter and surgically remove most of the humour.

Just like the old days... *sigh*

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:04 pm

I voted once a month, on the basis that it would make people put some consideration into their changes. At the same time, I have no problem whatsoever with changing them on peoples whim (unless other Dan gets there first, which he often does :D)

Return to “Referendums”