AirPlay shenanigans

For any tech-related problems

Moderator: Tech Moderators

Mr.Clark

AirPlay shenanigans

Postby Mr.Clark » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Has anyone seen this before?

I've got an AirPort Express hooked up to my speakers and set up as an AirPlay server. My iPhone can see it just fine, but for some reason, my MacBook has stopped noticing that it exists.

I'm moving more towards using my MacBook as my main PC, but not being able to easily output audio is a bit of a niggle.

Has anyone else seen this? My Google-fu is failing me at the moment...

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Re: AirPlay shenanigans

Postby Ekona » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Not entirely related, but a few years back I had issues with airplay related shenanigans. Turned out I needed a new router as an update in iTunes on the PC had caused some kind of conflict, although I’ve no more details than that I’m afraid.

So probably no help at all, but you’re not the only one to have suffered :lol:
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Mr.Clark

Re: AirPlay shenanigans

Postby Mr.Clark » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 pm

C'est la vie.

My router is now a VM running pfsense, so it shouldn't even be in the chain of laptop-Airport Extreme-Airport Express (or laptop-switch-Airport Express if it's over ethernet).

Hmm. Oh well. I bought a USB soundcard and ran that into the Thunderbolt dock, so I'm now running the MacBook as my main machine. Happy days.

I've re-purposed the Airport Express as a wifi extender. My home network continues to get more complicated...

Return to “Tech Help”