TOP GEAR!

Post as you see fit
Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Re: TOP GEAR!

Postby Ekona » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:41 pm

He was asking for it!!!11
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:41 pm

I can't believe Kingweed trying to stick up for him here, tbh. ?
NO MATTER how hard someone pushes your buttons, you should not hit them if it's a work colleague/subordinate/superior/whatever.
You have a choice, if someone pisses you off that badly, walk the fuck away. Get a new job. Report them for bullying/harrassment and get the disciplinary procedure started, ignore them, push their buttons right back, whatever.
Use your words. Don't fucking hit someone and expect to get away with it. I'm glad he's sacked, don't get me wrong I think it's sometimes funny as a show.
Have a read of this though, with your mind open, please.
https://sturdyblog.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... -so-angry/

Mr.Clark
Tag: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Postby Mr.Clark » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Shit. I intellectually knew most of that stuff, but I'd never really put it together.

Any one of those things is just "Oh, it's Clarkson being a tool again, ha ha, that's what he does", but when you put it all together...

He seemed to be the entertainment equivalent of Nigel Farage. I know many of you don’t see the fuss about calling Mexicans “lazy, feckless and flatulent”, or going to Argentina and making fun of a conflict in which over 900 young soldiers lost their lives, or calling his black dog Drogba, or using the word ‘n****r’, or calling a Thai man a ‘slope’, or travelling through India on a train the side of which reads “Eat English Muff”, or calling Romania ‘gypsy country’. But cumulatively this stuff has an effect. As does making fun of murdered prostitutes, attacking a politician because of his disability, making Nazi salutes at a German car and joking about killing Albanians.

I'll use the C-word here, but it's squarely aimed at Clarkson, not the poor bastard who happened to be at the receiving end of his latest faux pa.

I thought this was quite interesting, considering who it was coming from:

The first rule of tautology club is the first rule of tautology club.

Sam
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby Sam » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:53 pm

Frankie on Clarkson?

Didn't even click that bait. Both of them cunts.
:-)

qazimod
Tag: Not gazimod

Postby qazimod » Mon May 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Anyone watch the new TG yesterday evening? I missed the first 15 minutes (apparently the only segment where Sabine was on, so for me it was The Evans and LeBlanc Show), but what I watched seemed okay. They don't yet seem to have the same kind of "chemistry" as Clarkson, Hammond and May but it is only the first show so I'll reserve judgement.

That said, LeBlanc sounded like he was going through the motions a bit at times and could have been a bit more enthusiastic - when he's just doing voiceover alongside footage it sounds like an infomercial... :P

RB

Postby RB » Mon May 30, 2016 1:21 pm

I thought it was shit. Not as shit as I'd built it up in my head to be but still shit. Apart from LeBlanc's voiceover bits sounding like he was chained to a radiator with a gun to his head, there just wasn't the same level of content you got from the old one. It felt padded out with no standout moments.
Also, why the fuck does Evans have to shout all the time?
Plus, what's with the two guest thing? They've tried that before and it failed.

Apparently it got totally slated on Twitter.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Mon May 30, 2016 2:00 pm

It was much better than the old one. Sure, the Stars bit needs shortening by half but then it always did, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Certainly a breath of fresh air to have CE on it, and MLB was much better than I thought he was going to be, definitely the right casting choice.

I'm not saying it was the greatest thing ever because at the end of the day it's still just TG and that's not really my thing any more, but I'll definitely watch it again before I pass complete judgement. CE already said he was nervous as anything before shooting that, and he assumed they were filming it as-live when actually they had over four hours to sort everything out so he knew it wasn't perfect. However, neither was the old TG when it first started (it was downright awkward between the three amigos until they worked out their characters).

The internet still feel some kind of stupid vigilantism is required because JC was a twat and punched someone, so they were always going to pick holes in it. Most of the criticism has been because people don't like CE, which I get because he's a bit polarising, but at the same time it was pretty much the exact same show so it seems odd to hate on it so much when it's exactly what they've been fed on for years.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby MEGAHYDER » Tue May 31, 2016 9:53 am

I think a lot of people were watching old top gear because they liked the presenters. I think it's the only reason I watched as long as I did.
Maybe I'll grow to like the new ones?

I only watched the first 20 mins or so of the latest one. Didn't hook me, but I'll probably finish it while on the pan or something

Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:13 pm

I like it.

Gi Me Beer
Tag: French cars, my favourite

Postby Gi Me Beer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:30 pm

You need the right people for this show, the BEEB had the right people......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................>

Return to “The Lounge”