TOP GEAR!

Post as you see fit
tinchick
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Re: TOP GEAR!

Postby tinchick » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:05 am

the pure joy on both Cameron and Tom's face when those numbers were given out was palpable....no wonder they're the stars and box office draws.......beat that .... ;)

Senna bit coming up on repeat now

*welling up*

zark

Postby zark » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:22 pm

Toureg bit - shite. Veyron bit - meh. Senna - awesome (Wanted Hamiltons lap times to compare though). Diaz - hot hot hot.
Better than the usual TG, sadly I doubt they'll keep it up and be back racing kids on skateboards around ben nevis or some such bollocks by next week.

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Well, it's over then.

Tough decision for the BBC, but the right one I think. You can't let one of your senior team members physically assault a junior one, and let them get away with it. It's frustrating for viewers, going to be hugely expensive for the BBC, but is the right thing to do.

Strangely, I can actually see this doing good things for "Top Gear" (although probably not for the BBC 2 show, Top Gear). What I suspect will / desperately want to happen:
- May and Hammond refuse to renew their contracts with the BBC
- Netflix picks up the programme and presenters
- Allows them to get on with things, with a huge budget and oodles of editorial freedom

Whilst the BBC show is still very enjoyable, there's no doubt the format has stagnated a bit, and due to the various scandals I can't believe the team have been able to work uncensored. Netflix have plenty of cash, no advertisers to please, and a very strong track record of directing new series.

Fingers crossed...

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Postby kingweed » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Yeh this could be huge for amazon prime, netflix or yahoo.

The show makes the BBC £60m a year lol

So who ever gets this and let them do their thing, could be utterly massive for them!

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:26 pm

It might be good for Netflix, but only when they sell the syndication rights to someone else. TG is huge, no doubt, but I can't see anyone signing up to Netflix just for this.

Nope, it's off to Sky for the lot of them I would think. Hell, they might even create a show I actually want to watch then.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Ekona wrote:I can't see anyone signing up to Netflix just for this.

Honestly, I think I would. It's pretty common knowledge at this point that the catalogue of material netflix has is -- to be blunt -- a bit shit. There is no way I'd pay for it alone. Where they've made themselves really stand out is in their original series (e.g. House of Cards, Orange is the New Black), and the series they've syndicated so they're on Netflix as soon as they're broadcast (e.g. Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad). All of this has been extremely high quality programming, and having instant access to fuss-free HD streams of them is something worth paying for.

The catalogue is a bit thin at the moment, but adding what would essentially be Top Gear (an internationally popular and successful show) to the repertoire would definitely get more people interested (whereas at the moment they have to take a bit of a punt on well-received, but unknown programmes).

Joe

Postby Joe » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Ekona wrote:Nope, it's off to Sky for the lot of them I would think. Hell, they might even create a show I actually want to watch then.

https://twitter.com/rupertmurdoch/statu ... 4442874880

I doubt there'd be any internal resistance at Sky considering Murdoch's view of the situation.

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:06 pm

ahaha thats awesome

RB

Postby RB » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Who did Clarkson sell the TopGear rights to?
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

bananahead
Tag: Happy when it rains

Postby bananahead » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:41 pm

The BBC

RB

Postby RB » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 pm

I thought it was some production company.

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Clarkson and his mate owned it via some company but May and Hammond didn't like that he was making millions while they got nowt in relation to him while feeling that it was all three that made the show not just Clarkson.

They sold their stake in the show to the BBC a few years ago in order to make it more fair all round - no idea why him further making millions selling it to the beeb would benefit those two...

Sam
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby Sam » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Top gear has gone to shit, and the past few years Clarkson just proved how much of a cunt he is.

All these cunts signing petitions, sucking his cock online "omg we wub clarkson hurr durr tv licence" can go fuck. There's only one person to blame for him hitting someone, and that is himself.

You can't go to work and smack your colleagues.

And now, because of it, there's plenty of people from Top Gear / BBC / Production Crew going to lose their jobs because he's a cunt.

Also, did I say cunt? Cunt.
:-)

RB

Postby RB » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:06 am

Sam wrote:You can't go to work and smack your colleagues.

:?
You get a warning :oops:

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:22 pm

You can if they're a bigger cunt.

Clarkson may be a cunt but he's an epic cunt that makes the show great, it's the trio of different personalities that makes it so good.

I don't think it work or be the same without Jeeza.

The guy he punched is a bigger cunt, hit him back ffs and don't go crying about it. Simplistic man view of the situation but he could have handled it way better.

Seen this while browsing the the beeb website:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32064440

jfc no, all those would make the show shit.

Return to “The Lounge”