TOP GEAR!

Post as you see fit
Joe

Re: TOP GEAR!

Postby Joe » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Maybe you should read the report before you start calling the victim a cunt.

• The incident occurred on a patio area of the Simonstone Hall hotel, where Oisin Tymon was working on location for Top Gear.
  • The physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness.
  • It is the case that Oisin Tymon offered no retaliation.
  • The verbal abuse was directed at Oisin Tymon on more than one occasion – both during the attack and subsequently inside the hotel – and contained the strongest expletives and threats to sack him. The abuse was at such volume as to be heard in the dining room, and the shouting was audible in a hotel bedroom.
  • Derogatory and abusive language, relating to Oisin Tymon and other members of the Top Gear team, continued to be used by Jeremy Clarkson inside the hotel, in the presence of others, for a sustained period of time.
  • It is clear that Oisin Tymon was shocked and distressed by the incident, and believed that he had lost his job.
  • Following the attack, I understand that Oisin Tymon drove to a nearby A&E department for examination.
  • Over the subsequent days, Jeremy Clarkson made a number of attempts to apologise to Oisin Tymon by way of text, email and in person.
  • And it is the case that Jeremy Clarkson reported the incident to BBC management.

So the guy - a respected senior producer at the BBC no less - sucks up a verbal hissy fit from a crusty, racist primadonna wherein his job is threatened before he is subjected to being slapped and punched around like some kind of slave boy. He quietly takes himself off to A&E to get patched up and doesn't take the issue any further. That is grace and rationality on a fucking superhuman level and you should be disgusted with yourself for daring to call him a cunt.

Joe

Postby Joe » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:14 pm

As for the show? I disagree with the idea that the format somehow requires the same three old gits fronting it indefinitely.

I'd like to see Chris Harris, Suzi Perry and Guy Martin up there. They are passionate about cars but they know how to relax and muck around, and individually I reckon they have enough character to keep it interesting and bounce off each other convincingly.

RB

Postby RB » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Anyone but Suzi Perry. She is a thundercunt.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:38 pm

I can't think of a single woman I'd want to host it. Well, maybe Kate Upton, but I don't think she's into cars much.

Also no to CH, as whoever replaces JC will quickly find their career over. It'll be like Moyes replacing Fergie, and I like CH too much to see him die on his arse on TV.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

RB

Postby RB » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Talking of Chrissesssess, Evans would be OK in my book.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Savara

Postby Savara » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:16 pm

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Postby kingweed » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:44 am

Joe wrote:Maybe you should read the report before you start calling the victim a cunt.

• The incident occurred on a patio area of the Simonstone Hall hotel, where Oisin Tymon was working on location for Top Gear.
  • The physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness.
  • The verbal abuse was directed at Oisin Tymon on more than one occasion – both during the attack and subsequently inside the hotel – and contained the strongest expletives and threats to sack him. The abuse was at such volume as to be heard in the dining room, and the shouting was audible in a hotel bedroom.
  • Derogatory and abusive language, relating to Oisin Tymon and other members of the Top Gear team, continued to be used by Jeremy Clarkson inside the hotel, in the presence of others, for a sustained period of time.
  • It is clear that Oisin Tymon was shocked and distressed by the incident, and believed that he had lost his job.
  • Following the attack, I understand that Oisin Tymon drove to a nearby A&E department for examination.
  • Over the subsequent days, Jeremy Clarkson made a number of attempts to apologise to Oisin Tymon by way of text, email and in person.
  • And it is the case that Jeremy Clarkson reported the incident to BBC management.

So the guy - a respected senior producer at the BBC no less - sucks up a verbal hissy fit from a crusty, racist primadonna wherein his job is threatened before he is subjected to being slapped and punched around like some kind of slave boy. He quietly takes himself off to A&E to get patched up and doesn't take the issue any further. That is grace and rationality on a fucking superhuman level and you should be disgusted with yourself for daring to call him a cunt.

So jeeza just punched him for nothing. He wasn't being provoked or anything? Got ya.

siteguru
Tag: SIR CUNTALOT
Location: Out of view ... but I AM watching you! MWUHAHAHAHA!!

Postby siteguru » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:19 am

Jezza being a self-opinionated prick and flying off the handle at a whim? Absolutely. ;)

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:55 am

kingweed wrote:
Joe wrote:Maybe you should read the report before you start calling the victim a cunt.

So jeeza just punched him for nothing. He wasn't being provoked or anything? Got ya.

So if someone is provoking you (especially, but not limited to you being a well known controversial public figure), your best option is to hit them? Got ya.

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Mr.Clark wrote:So if someone is provoking you (especially, but not limited to you being a well known controversial public figure), your best option is to hit them? Got ya.

This is clearly more than a simple, 'Don't do that Jeeza' type of argument. Probably been a build of several hours, days or weeks.

He's not going to go ape shit and attack him over something small or a small disagreement.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Jeeza? That's twice you've done that FFS! :P
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:55 pm

kingweed wrote:So jeeza just punched him for nothing. He wasn't being provoked or anything? Got ya.

He punched him because, unlike the rest of the crew, he felt that the selection of food provided at the end of the day's filming was not satisfactory. If you think the lack of a hot meal is justifiable provocation for physical violence then sure, I guess you could argue Oisin had it coming.

Either way, the guy took it without retaliation and without reporting the incident. And still, despite doing precisely *nothing* he's getting a torrent of abuse and threats on social media because people would rather vilify the victim than admit their celebrity heroes are at fault.

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Joe wrote:
kingweed wrote:So jeeza just punched him for nothing. He wasn't being provoked or anything? Got ya.

He punched him because, unlike the rest of the crew, he felt that the selection of food provided at the end of the day's filming was not satisfactory. If you think the lack of a hot meal is justifiable provocation for physical violence then sure, I guess you could argue Oisin had it coming.

Either way, the guy took it without retaliation and without reporting the incident. And still, despite doing precisely *nothing* he's getting a torrent of abuse and threats on social media because people would rather vilify the victim than admit their celebrity heroes are at fault.

He's was probably taking the piss and put him over board. Likely been happening more than once.

And still, despite doing precisely *nothing* he's getting a torrent of abuse and threats on social media because people would rather vilify the victim than admit their celebrity heroes are at fault.

He shouldn't have been a cunt in the first place to provoke a reaction (don't know if he done that on purpose or not but doubt you attack your boss based solely on him not giving you hot food one lunch time) and provided a better spread then for their multi million pound show.

I reckon there is more to this and it's been on the cards for ages.

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Based on what? I don't know if you've ever worked with a production crew on a live set during a long day of filming, but by the end of it I guarantee everyone's exhausted and tempers are short. Most people are thankful for a sandwich and a cold beer, but I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of hot food was all it took for a prize cock of Clarkson's nature to snap and dole out a thrashing to the nearest lackey.

You're speculating that perhaps Oisin had been pushing Clarkson's buttons for a long time, when the more obvious conclusion is that the only cunt in the room was the one who got his fists out. And hey, that's the conclusion the BBC came to, and that's why only one of the two still has a job.

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:39 pm

kingweed wrote:He shouldn't have been a cunt in the first place to provoke a reaction

Right. I'm sure "she shouldn't have dressed like like that in the first place" is an acceptable excuse for a rapist too.

Return to “The Lounge”