- The incident occurred on a patio area of the Simonstone Hall hotel, where Oisin Tymon was working on location for Top Gear.
- The physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness.
- It is the case that Oisin Tymon offered no retaliation.
- The verbal abuse was directed at Oisin Tymon on more than one occasion – both during the attack and subsequently inside the hotel – and contained the strongest expletives and threats to sack him. The abuse was at such volume as to be heard in the dining room, and the shouting was audible in a hotel bedroom.
- Derogatory and abusive language, relating to Oisin Tymon and other members of the Top Gear team, continued to be used by Jeremy Clarkson inside the hotel, in the presence of others, for a sustained period of time.
- It is clear that Oisin Tymon was shocked and distressed by the incident, and believed that he had lost his job.
- Following the attack, I understand that Oisin Tymon drove to a nearby A&E department for examination.
- Over the subsequent days, Jeremy Clarkson made a number of attempts to apologise to Oisin Tymon by way of text, email and in person.
- And it is the case that Jeremy Clarkson reported the incident to BBC management.
So the guy - a respected senior producer at the BBC no less - sucks up a verbal hissy fit from a crusty, racist primadonna wherein his job is threatened before he is subjected to being slapped and punched around like some kind of slave boy. He quietly takes himself off to A&E to get patched up and doesn't take the issue any further. That is grace and rationality on a fucking superhuman level and you should be disgusted with yourself for daring to call him a cunt.