Jezreel

Re: Rants

Postby Jezreel » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Spot on me owd lads.

doogle
Tag: Likes squeezy cheesy cobs.

Postby doogle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:20 pm

doogle wrote:Sometimes how people talk is so annoying! There are two girls working in my team, neither of them know the difference between the words 'borrow' and 'lend' or 'loan'!
It winds me up so much when they come and say "Can you borrow me some money" or "I've borrowed that laptop to the student" Grrr..
Makes me want to tear my ears off! :x

Well, three years later and one of the girls has learnt the difference between 'borrow' and 'loan'. Granted I have been going out with her for a couple of years and she did actually know the difference but noticed how it wound me up when the other girl did it, so said it to me deliberately.
The other girl however is still just as dumb as back in 2014.
Today she gave a loan laptop to a member of staff as his was in for repair. Later she asked "Do you want the number of the laptop that I borrowed to Mark?" :evil: :evil: :x

I'm think it's a general Mansfield illiteracy thing. Mainly amongst the female population. I'm still yet to hear a male use the words wrong, but I've heard several female students say borrow instead of either lend or loan too.

Thankfully I'll be moving offices soon as I am starting a new job in the college working on the websites and stuff for a year secondment. If I enjoy it and am good enough, I'll stay on. Otherwise I'll be back in here, seething every time she borrows somebody a thing :x :x

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:32 pm

So you've been involved with a colleague for two years?

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:33 pm

That's what you're trying to tell us isn't it

doogle

Postby doogle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:59 pm

;)

doogle

Postby doogle » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:10 pm

I'm going through some training for my new job, refreshing on stuff I already know as well as things I've never done before.
One of the test questions is this...
Complete the code to break the loop after 'The number is now 3' is output.

Code: Select all

var I;
for (I = 0; I < 10; I++) {
   if (I == [______]
document.write("The number is now" + I + "<br>");
}

Putting 4){break;} into the box is the correct answer, but for thanks to the poorly written software, it won't accept the code unless you space it out exactly the same as the person who wrote the question. :x

Joe

Postby Joe » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Sounds to me like that software is working perfectly if it's forcing you to use proper code indentation.

doogle

Postby doogle » Mon May 22, 2017 10:26 am

It would be ok if they were consistent with the indentation they used in the answers!

Sam
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby Sam » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:20 pm

BT Can go fuck themselves. 7 years ago living in a town of only a few thousand at the end of a peninsula I got the full 80meg the day it launched.

Moved to a large town of nearly 30k and I only get 20 down 2 up. Cunts promised me twice that.

(Guaranteed, they said in the email, not one of those "up to" speeds)

Rang to cancel, keep making me do speed tests even though the engineers been out and best he can get the router to sync at is 20.5mbit. Fucking idiots wont listen to me for a 4th time that a speed test is going to do fuck all when the router is connected to the exchange at 20.5.

"Oh that'll be 300 and something quid to cancel since you're so early"

Pointed out the guaranteed shit to them. "brb... my manager says no charge final bill on its way cut off date 30 days".

I could have lived with it a *little* longer but virgin are digging up the end of my street and I checked one of the post codes from round the corner that had it done and they can get minimum 100 up to 200, then they roll out the 300.
:-)

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Postby kingweed » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:24 pm

VM broadband is essential.

doogle

Postby doogle » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:36 pm

I've just spent the better part of 4 hours creating a playlist to copy onto my USB stick for a trip I'm going on in the morning. Went to synchronise it and media player decided to rename all the files to random numbers and then only copy two of the files onto my stick!

Why would it do this?! It only shows two files able to synchronise now instead of the 600 in the list! strangely, these two files are also the only two that it hasn't randomly renamed to a 6 digit number!

Edit:
I found out why this is happening, I think.
The music files are stored on my NAS and I used the 'other libraries' link to access it. When I checked the playlist file in notepad, it was using all web addresses and code for the files rather than a normal file path!

I have the NAS mapped as a normal drive letter and changed the library path to point to there and it seems to allow me to use the files to synchronise to my USB stick now.
Pity I have to manually go through and pick out all the tracks I want again though! :evil:

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:21 am

What did you use to create the playlist?
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

doogle

Postby doogle » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:44 am

Windows media player. I've sorted it now :)

Sam
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby Sam » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:42 am

Sam wrote:BT Can go fuck themselves. 7 years ago living in a town of only a few thousand at the end of a peninsula I got the full 80meg the day it launched.

Moved to a large town of nearly 30k and I only get 20 down 2 up. Cunts promised me twice that.

(Guaranteed, they said in the email, not one of those "up to" speeds)

Rang to cancel, keep making me do speed tests even though the engineers been out and best he can get the router to sync at is 20.5mbit. Fucking idiots wont listen to me for a 4th time that a speed test is going to do fuck all when the router is connected to the exchange at 20.5.

"Oh that'll be 300 and something quid to cancel since you're so early"

Pointed out the guaranteed shit to them. "brb... my manager says no charge final bill on its way cut off date 30 days".

I could have lived with it a *little* longer but virgin are digging up the end of my street and I checked one of the post codes from round the corner that had it done and they can get minimum 100 up to 200, then they roll out the 300.

Virgin dug up my street. I now get 200 meg in peak times. LOL.
:-)

Return to “The Lounge”