Israel and Palestine

Discussion over more serious issues and topics
Mr.Clark

Israel and Palestine

Postby Mr.Clark » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:10 pm

This seems to be a massively polarising topic and I get the feeling that it's partly our fault (the UK, that is).

But seriously. I don't really understand this. Can someone sum up the whole Israel/Palestine mess in as unbiased a way as possible?

Jezreel

Re: Israel and Palestine

Postby Jezreel » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 pm

No.
It's simply not simple enough to sum up easily and there are too many lies.

Plus I can't think straight.

Sam
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby Sam » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:23 pm

lol all the republicans and catholics over here are all pro palestine.

Palestine is a shitty wee bunch of folks who claim victim all the time, whilst simultaneously threatening, murdering and inciting the others. They bait and bait and bait, and when they get attacked they cry victim and everyone sides with them.
:-)

RB

Postby RB » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Essentially the whole world stole a bit of land for the Jews because they felt bad because of the holocaust. They stole it from the Palestinians who want it back.

Several neighbouring Arab states were pissed off that the UN had just nicked the Palestinians land and invaded. Wars have been continuing ever since.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Savara

Postby Savara » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Yeah, it's pretty shitty on both sides.

Polito45
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom wanks yet

Postby Polito45 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:26 am

So "Stage 5" is like... the Final Solution? :?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle

Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:29 am

Probably.

arab countries map.gif

Polito45

Postby Polito45 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:48 am

Sam wrote:lol all the republicans and catholics over here are all pro palestine.

Yeah, what is the story with that?
A lot of the people I hang out with here in the south happen to be black-hearted Protestant bastards (my friends as I usually call them :D ).
I've had situations were a few of us will be sitting in a bar and I'll say something like
"I see the Israelis are really bombing the living shit out of Gaza", or where ever.
And the Proddy guys get really defensive so I have to say "Hang on, I didn't say they shouldn't!"
Actually, I don't have strong opinions on it as I don't know enough about the situation there on the ground.
It would only really bother me if I saw children being hurt.

I wonder where that divide comes from? I know the Irish usually go for the under dog.
Have you Protestants got a secret pact with the Jews? :D

Sorry, don't mean to bring the thread off topic.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle

Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:01 am

I don't really know much I just know that if I'm going in the opposite way of the die hard republicans, youre generally going to be on the right side haha.

They all think it's their personal responsibility to tell everyone about these "atrocities" that the Israelis carry out but turn a blind eye to what the Palestinians get up to.

Tbh let both sets of shitmunchers bomb each other and see whats left at the end of it.

edit: I think the proddys just side with them because the others are pro-palestine (oh no you took our land give it back pls)

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:23 am

RB wrote:Essentially the whole world stole a bit of land for the Jews because they felt bad because of the holocaust. They stole it from the Palestinians who want it back.

Several neighbouring Arab states were pissed off that the UN had just nicked the Palestinians land and invaded. Wars have been continuing ever since.

If Palestine was a country before WWII, how is it not recognised as one by the UN at the moment?

MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby MEGAHYDER » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:27 am

Palestine was technically never a country governed by itself. It was just the name of the region first and then was under the rule of Ottomans or one of the surrounding Arab nations and finally Britain.

Gi Me Beer
Tag: French cars, my favourite

Postby Gi Me Beer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

This goes way back before that. Think Old Testament & Exodus. The Jews were in Egypt because of Joseph & his techni coloured dreamcoat. After many years, either the Egyptians chased the Jews out, or the Jews escaped depending on who you believe. Anyway Moses led them across Sinai, and eventually to a place that they then knew as the Promised Land. This Promised Land was the Israelites believe promised to them by god. God told these peoples that they would have to both fight for it, & defend it, which is what the Israelis are doing. This all came about because the jews, at the time before they went into Egypt, were nomadic, and didn't have their own country.

The sad thing is that it is quite possible that the Palestinians came out of Egypt at the same time as the Jews.

Basically this thing goes back thousands of years, and will never be sorted out.

Polito45

Postby Polito45 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 pm

The Iranians have a solution in mind for the whole region I believe.

:D

Gi Me Beer
Tag: French cars, my favourite

Postby Gi Me Beer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:34 pm

^^^^ thats if thosa darn yanks don't beat them to it :roll:

Polito45

Postby Polito45 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Yeah but the American solution is to fling billions of Dollars at the Jews in the hope that they'll get too fucking fat to be bothered bombing the Palestinians.
The Iranian idea seems to be more like "Take off and nuke the fucking site from orbit".
Old school! 8)

Return to “Serious Discussion”