Bob Crow

Discussion over more serious issues and topics
Gi Me Beer
Tag: French cars, my favourite

Bob Crow

Postby Gi Me Beer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:51 pm

I'm sure a lot of people on here will probably be glad he has gone.

However, he will be badly missed, his leadership of the RMT, especially the rail section was very very effective,
he quickly worked out how best to play the new way of doing things, and certainly did this very effectively.
He will be missed in a big way by a Trades Union movement that needs strong leaders such as he was.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Re: Bob Crow

Postby Ekona » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:02 pm

As a leader, he was brilliant.
As a man who knew exactly what to do to ensure that millions suffered needlessly, he was right up there with Hitler.

Horrible man. Feel sorry for his family and friends, but I doubt there's a single person in London who will miss him.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

bananahead
Tag: Happy when it rains

Postby bananahead » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:35 am

However, quotes from Boris

Mr Johnson said: "I'm shocked. Bob Crow was a fighter and a man of character."Whatever our political differences - and there were many - this is tragic news. Bob fought tirelessly for his beliefs and for his members. There can be absolutely no doubt that he played a big part in the success of the Tube, and he shared my goal to make transport in London an even greater success. It's a sad day."

He later told the BBC Mr Crow was widely misunderstood and was not the "left-wing ogre" he was considered to be by the wider public.
If anything he was more moderate than some of the other characters in the RMT," said Mr Johnson, adding that Mr Crow was known to be the man you would go to "if the deal was to be done".

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:28 am

And that's why Boris is an awesome politician. No way is he going to mock the dead, he'd be lambasted for it.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Gi Me Beer

Postby Gi Me Beer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:00 pm

I dont actually recall Bob Crow being responsible for the deaths of millions of people either...................................................................................

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Neither do I. I think you're making stuff up again.

Gi Me Beer

Postby Gi Me Beer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Erm, no, you likened Bob to Hitler, not me??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:37 pm

I said they both caused suffering to millions, which is true. I didn't say that Crow killed anyone.

Well, not to my knowledge anyway.

Polito45
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom wanks yet

Postby Polito45 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:12 am

This reminds of a time I saw two old men sitting on bar stools next to each other in my local - as they did most nights.
They got into a disagreement over something which turned into a bout of fisty cuffs at one stage.
They settled down after a few minutes, apologised to each other and then had another disagreement about who was going to buy the other a drink.
The amazing thing was that throughout the whole episode neither of them actually got off their stools. :mrgreen:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle

Return to “Serious Discussion”