Who Will Coalesce With Whom ?

Discussion over more serious issues and topics
keasy
Tag: Argumentative cunt.

Who Will Coalesce With Whom ?

Postby keasy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:09 am

It's not looking good for any one particular party winning a majority vote in the upcoming general election.

So who do you reckon will cut a deal with who ?

My worry is Farrage and his crew gaining, not just politically but in terms of social conscience thanks to the idiot BBC giving them air time, time and time again.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Re: Who Will Coalesce With Whom ?

Postby Ekona » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:10 am

ABM

Anyone But Milliband
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:18 am

UKIP need MORE air time, not less. If they do, you'll end up with one of two things:

1. They'll reveal themselves to be a bunch of halfwits, like the BNP made themselves, or;
2. They'll actually have to have more than one policy, and will become a credible political party.

As it stands now, you have two extremes. You have the people voting for them because they're not Con or Lab (yeah, that worked out well with the LD last time folks), or labelling them as a bunch of racists and not taking them seriously (which is just as bad, as some of their political viewpoints are sound). They've fallen off the wagon a bit in the last few months so Farage will need to do some serious PR, but both the main parties should be taking them very seriously. Con as they're stealing their base support, and Lab as everyone in Scotland is going to vote SNP so they run the risk of having even less.

In answer to your question, I can see Milliband having to do some serious backpedalling and doing a deal with UKIP. People with short memories are going to leave the Cons out to dry, but Milliband is such a useless leader that he's making it very hard for anyone to vote for him. It's a tough one to call this year, that's for sure.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:42 am

Hang on, I voted Lib Dem for a reason last time, not because they weren't Lab/Con. The fact that they made a coalition with Conservative I think nobody saw coming.

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:47 am

The Greens need more airtime too.

The trouble is, everything the politicians say needs to (or at least will be) be condensed down to a bunch of headlines, and you lose nuance and detail that way.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:34 pm

Jezreel wrote:Hang on, I voted Lib Dem for a reason last time, not because they weren't Lab/Con. The fact that they made a coalition with Conservative I think nobody saw coming.

Have to say, I thought they'd cosy up with Lab instead. I actually think the current pairing has worked quite well, considering the shithole we were in financially and how different the two parties are in terms of policies. I think it says a lot for both parties that they managed to fall out as little as they did!

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:45 pm

I think it has done for Lib Dem as a party though. Forced to backtrack on too much. I suppose this May will be the test....

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:59 pm

I can see them coming a distant 4th, and in many places they'll be behind the Greens too.

Sam
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby Sam » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:21 pm

Could be worse. Your only option could be DUP.
:-)

MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby MEGAHYDER » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:10 am

I'm waiting to make a decision until the manifestos are released, but if they generally follow the same as they have done before I shall be voting Lib Dem, they have always been the party that most aligns with my views.

keasy

Postby keasy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:24 pm

Dude, the Lib Dems released their manifesto last week.

No body in the press gave a shit hence no body in the public realised.

MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby MEGAHYDER » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:14 am

I thought it was only the front page - I can't find a full manifesto anywhere

keasy

Postby keasy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:33 pm

Maybe it was.
:?

Why just the front page ? Politicians are fucking weird.

Helios

Postby Helios » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:47 pm

"This is what we plan to do. We don't actually have any details worked out but these plans sounds good, right? Go make a headline about it."

keasy

Postby keasy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:34 am

Have to laugh at the shite Cameron and Co are coming out with.
Calling for Labour (we don't know who the fuck we are any more) to promise not to form government with the SNP.
Meanwhile half their backbenchers are closet wannabe UKIP'ers and we have no guarantee the Conservative (really at the fuck the poor fundamentals again) management won't make a deal with the twats.

:x

Return to “Serious Discussion”