The Royal Family, state owned property

Discussion over more serious issues and topics
Helios

Re: The Royal Family, state owned property

Postby Helios » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:50 pm

I thought Nazi propaganda was about blaming specific groups for all the problems.
I'm talking about blaming all groups because bigotry and xenophobia can be found within all groups.

Nothing wrong with a bit of forced relocation if it will help people mix.

We talk about the UK being multicultural but it isn't really.
Maybe the big cities are.
But there are huge chunks that haven't ever seen a non-white or non-English-but-still-white person.
That's why if a single Polish corner store open up in an entire high street you hear people saying the foreigners are taking over.
There are large numbers of people that haven't ever heard a foreign language and get frightened when they hear people not speaking English on the bus.

RB

Postby RB » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:59 pm

You have a very city-centric view which makes you sound racist against non-city dwellers. You can't force people to mix. People are entitled to isolate themselves if they choose.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Helios

Postby Helios » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:08 pm

I didn't know that city-dweller was a race.
Or that non-city dweller was also a race.
I thought race was something to do with ethnic backgrounds.
Are you saying that people in cities and those not in cities have become so different from each other that an English man in a city is more/less English that an English man in the countryside?
Sounds like that's something that shouldn't be allowed to happen and should be rectified with some forced mixing.

We frown upon brown people not integrating into the culture of the UK and acting more like the whiteys don't we?
Or am I just imaging that message being hammered into the population from almost every direction via the media?

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:15 pm

I don't want to mix with certain people, thanks. It's why I work hard so I don't have to live near pikey scum.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

RB

Postby RB » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:26 pm

Helios wrote:I didn't know that city-dweller was a race.
Or that non-city dweller was also a race.

There is only one race, the human race. However, people are all different and have a right to be so. If any group or individual wants to cut themselves off from others and even hate those others then they can and must be allowed to.
You can't impose your will on others because what makes you right and them wrong?
As long as people don't hurt others, leave them the fuck alone to do and say and be whatever they want and mind your own business.

Helios

Postby Helios » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:04 pm

If we're both agreeing that there are no different races why are you saying I sound racist?
I'm the only one here proposing an idea that actively combats racism.

You're saying it's OK to leave racists alone as long as they don't hurt others.
I'm saying that isn't good enough.
Racism must be fought.
It must be found and cut out and never allowed to hide in some corner.

Otherwise you end up with the country we have now where people grow up thinking foreigners are out to steal their jobs, homes and public services without any basis in reality.
You allow the racists to steadily grow so that eventually you have main stream politicians feeding on the hatred to fuel massive hate filled campaigns to gain power.
Then you allow the racists that were formerly quiet to think that it's OK to be racist and then the attacks begin.

I don't know what background you have and I don't have any idea what kind of people you mix with but it really sounds like you've never even heard of a hate crime or seen one for yourself or experienced it in any way.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Depends on the race/group they don't like. It's not acceptable to say you hate blacks or Muslims, but it's fine to say you hate pikeys or dole scroungers. Is it right that it's okay to pick and choose, or should we accept everybody?
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Helios

Postby Helios » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Dole scroungers aren't a race.
They choose to milk the system.
They need to be rectified.

What's inherently wrong with being a pikey?
I know Travellers have a reputation for stinking the place up and being thieves and low class.
But how deserved is it?
I don't have any problems with people that travel.
If they commit crimes along the way then they should feel the law same as any other criminal.

You can't choose your ethnic background.
You're born into it.
As such I believe that all people of all backgrounds are to be treated equally nicely and not to be hated.

The only people that need to be corrected are those who show by their choices that they won't treat others properly by committing a crime.

RB

Postby RB » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:58 pm

A lot of evil has been done "for the greater good" and "to make the world better". You can't change people by force no matter how good your intentions. For one thing, you'll fail; it will just galvanise their belief. For another, what right do you have to dictate what others are allowed to think.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:20 pm

Being an Irish pikey traveller is a race, and you're born into it. Plenty of them in the south east/east and they all march into town, break into someone's land, spend a week on the rob in town, then leave the place a literal shit tip. There's probably some decent ones in actual Ireland, but not round here. They're scum, pure and simple.

Could you correct them? Sure, I guess, but it simply won't happen. Ever. To believe it will is just pie in the sky thinking mate, it's searching for the utopia that doesn't exist.

Don't mistake my words: Racial violence is a terrible thing, and I'd never ever do or say anything to them (I quite like my house not burnt to the ground). You'll be hard pressed to ever correct my thinking on them though. In terms of your definition of racial hatred by colour of skin then I'm with you, I could never judge someone by that and I think it's deplorable. Hypocritical? Yeah, I guess.

Forcing peoples together would only ever cause more problems than it would solve. The only winners would be the bullies, regardless of colour or creed. RB is right, if we all left people alone and kept our negative thoughts and actions to ourself then we might have a more peaceful world.

Helios

Postby Helios » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:36 am

A lot of evil has also been done by allowing the bigots to do what they want while 'good' people sit and be apathetic.

Just watch.
When I'm King of the World you'll get relocated first and second.
Ekona to NI and RB to Clapton.
I don't think RB has ever seen a brown man.
I know you have, Ekona, because you've seen me. :)

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:18 am

I have indeed, and I still have that model up in my man cave alongside my collection of model cars 8)

If someone goes out and starts causing issues to another person, then we're absolutely right to act. If they just sit at home stewing about it, then I'm okay with leaving them alone.

RB

Postby RB » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:32 am

Helios wrote:I don't think RB has ever seen a brown man.

You are very wrong.

Helios

Postby Helios » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:38 pm

That's good to know.

RB

Postby RB » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:10 pm

But why do you even care? What difference would it make to you if I'd lived on an isolated island all my life and never seen more than a few dozen white people?

Return to “Serious Discussion”