Switching from OSX to Windows

A place to talk about anything technology related, incorporating the Tech Help section.

Moderator: Tech Moderators

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Re: Switching from OSX to Windows

Postby Ekona » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Why would you want to uninstall Sticky Notes or Photobooth? That's a bit like complaining you can't uninstall Notepad or WMP. They're part of the OS, that's how it's always been.

There's many things not to like about OSX, but that doesn't strike me as an obvious one.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Postby kingweed » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Ekona wrote:Why would you want to uninstall Sticky Notes or Photobooth? That's a bit like complaining you can't uninstall Notepad or WMP. They're part of the OS, that's how it's always been.

There's many things not to like about OSX, but that doesn't strike me as an obvious one.

I can disable WMP and I notepad is very hand and I prefer it over Notepad++ or whatever it's called.

Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 am

Update!

I still miss the stability, apps and workflow of OSX but after 4ish months I've gotten to a place where I can tolerate Windows again.

I briefly flirted with Evernote but came back to OneNote after we upgraded to Office 365, and I upgraded to Todoist Premium as it works so well for organising tasks. Otherwise I've not found any of the magic little apps or extensions I was hoping for that might rebalance Windows as a comparable work environment to OSX.

Return to “Tech Talk”