Google me hole.

A place to talk about anything technology related, incorporating the Tech Help section.

Moderator: Tech Moderators

Polito45
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom wanks yet

Google me hole.

Postby Polito45 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:02 am

Google has been gradually annoying me more and more over the last while.
I feel like it's only short of asking me if I wouldn't mind sucking its cock for a bit... :evil:

So, I've moved over to DuckDuckGo on IE & FF to give it a go. Apparently it doesn't track you.
Chrome is going to be a bit of a problem tho'. :D
Is there another good "non tracking" search engine out there?

I'm thinking of telling FB to fuck off as well.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle

RB

Re: Google me hole.

Postby RB » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:08 am

Just use incognito tabs.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Polito45

Postby Polito45 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:06 pm

I was doing that, but it was still plaguing me with policy change reminders
about how it was going to track me to my house and put shit through my letter box. :roll:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Get Chromium instead...

Polito45

Postby Polito45 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Interesting.... I thought you were joking, but apparently it uses the same source code that Chrome uses.
I DuckDuckGoed that... No, that'll never catch on. :roll:

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Basically, Chromium is the Open Source project. Google take (and contribute to) that, but then release their own distro (effectively), Chrome, where they "googlify" it.

Polito45

Postby Polito45 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Yeah, I didn't know that. I thought Chrome was Google's own creation.
At the moment I'm "signed out" of it so I can't use it. My son signed into it yesterday on my PC to show me a video,
but then signed out again or I could have used his. :)

I don't know, maybe I'm being stupid, but I find it more and more invasive and creepy the way they seem to be syncing
your identity across platforms and tracking every site you visit.

If I Google "Toothbrushes" and then an ad for toothbrushes appears in my FB ad stream it unsettles me.
It doesn't bother you?

Maybe the answer is to scrub my old identity - that I've used for years, and create several new (spurious) ones?

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Polito45 wrote:If I Google "Toothbrushes" and then an ad for toothbrushes appears in my FB ad stream it unsettles me.
It doesn't bother you?

I use Adblock Plus, ScriptSafe and only accept cookies (and Javascripts) that I have to in order to make sites work - everything else is blocked.

I've started seeing Ecco adverts in Edge, presumably because I once bought a pair of their shoes and the cookies etc persist between sites.

Fuck that shit. Block EVERYTHING. That's why I like Chrome - customisable and can be more privacy conscious than the alternatives...

Polito45

Postby Polito45 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:39 pm

It seems like a lot of work just to try to retain a little anonymity between sites. :roll:

Everything now seems to say - sign in (so we can track you).
That's why I was thinking about the spurious accounts - so I could say - track this all you like motherfuckers.

I'm using TOR for some "stuff" :D, but you wouldn't use it for every day browsing.
I wonder how my bank would react if I started doing my on-line banking from the Ukraine? :mrgreen:

RB

Postby RB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:00 pm

I just don't worry about it. Who cares if people know what I buy or read or fap over.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:43 am

Same. How will we have a future like in a Tim Crooze film, where videos welcome you to a store with personalised messages, if we don't get tracked?

Polito45

Postby Polito45 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:38 pm

RB wrote:I just don't worry about it. Who cares if people know what I buy or read or fap over.

That was always my policy in the past, if I had a wart on my hole I might pause for a bit before I Goggled - "Wart on my hole fix",
because I thought cunts will know that I have a wart on my hole, but then I thought - actually, I couldn't give two fucks - so I went ahead.

I think it might be because I'm getting old and cranky. I can't fucking stand ads. I can't even watch regular TV anymore because of all the ads.
I record everything so I can FF through them. Their answer to this seems to be - well if you let us track you we could target you with more appropriate ads. ;) My reply to this is - why don't you stick your ads up your hole and if I want something I'll go out and find it for myself? ;)

Jezreel wrote:Same. How will we have a future like in a Tim Crooze film, where videos welcome you to a store with personalised messages, if we don't get tracked?

I don't like that dystopian future. I only like the dystopian future with zombies in it and no ads.
One where some cunt might knife you for a grape, but at least he won't bore the hole off you trying to sell you anti-aging skin care products.

:mrgreen:

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:30 pm

You wrinkly FUCK!
;)

Polito45

Postby Polito45 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:35 pm

Hehehe... :D

I'm not actually because I've always moisturised my face. ;)
I did that even when it was totally ghey for a man to do that kind of shit.
I probably saw it on an ad. :|

Return to “Tech Talk”