Apple Stuff

A place to talk about anything technology related, incorporating the Tech Help section.

Moderator: Tech Moderators

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Re: Apple Stuff

Postby kingweed » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:56 am

Thanks,

Looks similar, I've been playing around with different settings and will stick with what I had it as.

-

I ordered mine via apple store online, on the friday I was on my laptop and just kept hitting f5 after 8am. Store went live and just went through the process of ordering it.

Email 2 seconds later said I was in shipment 1 - 3rd of november - happy days.

I text my mate who was doing the same after I bought mine. His email was stamped at 1 minute later (lol slow) and his date is open ships in 3-5 weeks. His still hasn't been shipped.

Guess we both just got lucky :D

qazimod
Tag: Not gazimod

Postby qazimod » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Back up your music downloads while you can:

Apple is scheduling a complete phase-out of music downloads from the iTunes Store by early 2019, per sources at the company.

Apple is aggressively scheduling a phase-out of music downloads from the iTunes Store, according to multiple sources tied into the platform or working at the company itself.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/12/06/apple-terminate-music-downloads/

I would feel pretty satisfied about the fact that I've continued to buy so much stuff on CD... but I do still have a bunch of individual song downloads tied up in iTunes... :oops:

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Sounds scary at first, but then it makes a lot of sense: I’ve not bought a single thing from iTunes since subbing to Apple Music. Why would I? Clearly they’ve done their homework on me :lol:

As long as my legacy downloads still work, I’m okay with this.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:58 am

Ekona wrote:Sounds scary at first, but then it makes a lot of sense: I’ve not bought a single thing from iTunes since subbing to Apple Music. Why would I? Clearly they’ve done their homework on me :lol:

As long as my legacy downloads still work, I’m okay with this.

Completely agree, also it frees up some mega storage for me from my POV.

Plus your entire iTunes (bought) is just leased anyway.

One thing with this change thats annoyed me though is the app store, they have done the same with the app store in the last update to itunes and a couple of apps that I used didn't copy over and I couldn't get them onto my phone turns out they are no longer on the app store :(

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:19 am

Picked up a fast charger and cable st the Apple store today.

Doesn’t make that much of a difference for the x or not that you can realistically notice. I normally charge it with the 12w charger.

However it makes a MASSIVE difference on the iPad Pro.

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:35 am

kingweed wrote:One thing with this change thats annoyed me though is the app store, they have done the same with the app store in the last update to itunes and a couple of apps that I used didn't copy over and I couldn't get them onto my phone turns out they are no longer on the app store :(

Is it possible that they were 32-bit apps and the developer gave up on them? 32-bit apps no longer work on a modern 64-bit OS...

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:21 am

Mr.Clark wrote:
kingweed wrote:One thing with this change thats annoyed me though is the app store, they have done the same with the app store in the last update to itunes and a couple of apps that I used didn't copy over and I couldn't get them onto my phone turns out they are no longer on the app store :(

Is it possible that they were 32-bit apps and the developer gave up on them? 32-bit apps no longer work on a modern 64-bit OS...

Very possible and probably very likely the explanation.

Become use to not using it now, so all is good.

Return to “Tech Talk”