PS5 vs XSX

Discussion of games and gaming
RB

Re: PS5 vs XSX

Postby RB » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:20 pm

Well, that PS5 event just made me jizz.
£449 for the good one with a disc drive is pretty good. I remember paying £500 for the PS3 at launch.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:56 pm

I watched it, and the one thing that struck me was that the games all looked very similar. They were either dark and gritty, or bright and colourful. Spider-Man 1.5 looked chaotic, as did Deathloop. Nothing much to excite there at all, but that equally went for the recent Xbox event (although there seemed to be a fraction more variation in graphics).

I’m struggling to reconcile my excitement for a new console and desperately wanting to place my order on Tuesday, with my head telling me there’s zero point as there’s nothing worth playing. I dunno now, I really don’t.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

RB

Postby RB » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:19 pm

I'm getting it for Horizon Forbidden West, Farcry 6 and Hitman 3.
Also the possibility of PSVR 2 and Blood and Truth and Astrobot Rescue sequels for it.
Jizz is still coming out.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:47 pm

I’ve ordered an RTX3080 today, and I’ve decided that I’ll pass on the XSX until it gets some solid games. Most of the stuff I want I can get on the PC now, including MS first party titles.

Plus I want 4K/60, not 4K/30.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Return to “Games Talk”