Next-Gen Consoles

Discussion of games and gaming
kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Re: Next-Gen Consoles

Postby kingweed » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:26 am

Yeah I'm thinking of getting one of these 4k Telly's but don't want a first gen one.

MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby MEGAHYDER » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:55 pm

I have 28inch telly

Polito45
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom wanks yet

Postby Polito45 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Mine is 4 inches longer than yours. :P
And by an amazing coincidence my TV is also 4 inches longer than yours.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle

qazimod
Tag: Not gazimod

Postby qazimod » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:04 pm

If bundles are your thing, Game are offering an Xbox One with three games for £419.99. The catch is that two games are FIFA and PvZ, and the other is either Forza, Battlefield, Ryse or Dead Rising.

As an offer, it's not that far away from the amount I originally paid for my 360 stuff (something like a £280 Premium console + three full-price games + extra controller.) Again, I'm not particularly wild about either console right now, but it'll be interesting to see how (or if) Sony respond...

DCUK7

Postby DCUK7 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Just over a month until Watch Dogs comes out, it's looking brilliant!

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Think I've still got it pre-ordered with Game :lol: I'll just dl it on the day instead, discs are too old skool for me.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

RB

Postby RB » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:43 pm

All PS4 footage. It would have been nice to see other platforms.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:54 am

They wouldn't show the worst off to sell it though. BXONE

qazimod
Tag: Not gazimod

Postby qazimod » Tue May 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Xbox One will soon be available without Kinect:

...beginning on June 9th, in all markets where Xbox One is sold, we will offer Xbox One starting at $399*. This is a new console option that does not include Kinect. For $399, our new Xbox One offering will continue to deliver access to the best blockbuster games like “Titanfall,” “Call of Duty: Ghosts,”...etc etc

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

On the one hand, this is interesting news; some gamers were put off by the idea of Kinect being in every box; if you're not into motion-controlled gaming then you're paying extra for a peripheral that you'll never use. On the other hand, for $399 you can probably already get the Xbox One with Kinect and a game or two, thanks to various retail bundles and the like. :P It'll be interesting to see how this new option sells in stores...

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue May 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Shame. I really like the Kinect on mine, and tbh without it it's just another console. The PS4 is still a better buy, if you only want the multiplats. Commercially though, they had to do it.

Makes you wonder what they've got planned for E3, if they've released this megaton news now!
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

RB

Postby RB » Tue May 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Game just emailed me offering preorders. £349 with no Kinect is what I wanted 6 months ago. If I'd bought it along side my PS4 I may have liked it more than buying one after owning the PS4 for a while, comparing the two and finding the One wanting.

I'm sure this will shift a few more units but doing something to get it running 1080p and 60fps would actually make it a viable choice for gamers.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Postby kingweed » Tue May 13, 2014 8:51 pm

Might get one now.

Cunts though. Pissed me right off with that kinetic bs.

Ps4 all the way.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Just ran a quick comparison between Metacritic scores. A metacritic of metacritic, if you will.

I took the top ten games on each platform, then averaged the scores to see which was 'best'.
Xbone was 86.9, PS4 was 89.1

I then removed all the multiplats, so what you're now going to be seeing is games that aren't available on the other console. For clarity, I left in stuff like TLOU and FH2, as although they're also on PS3/360 they're not available on both Xbone and PS4. This meant leaving in Titanfall, but it also meant leaving in all those indie games on PSN.
Xbone was 81.5, PS4 was 87.5

That's pretty clear cut, I think. On the top ten overall I don't think a difference of 2.2 is remotely worth arguing over, but when you go to exclusives 6pts starts to look a bit bigger. However, the fact that TLOU is ranked at 95 and one of the best scoring games ever is skewing the results, as is the amount of quality indie games on the PSN. I can't be arsed to just do 'big' games as that's not what a lot of people use these consoles for. Certainly there's been more quality big AAA releases on the Xbone (Titanfall, FH2, Sunset Overdrive) but the sheer quality of the indie games on the PS4 (most of which are available at a fraction of the AAA games cost) is impressive.

Does this prove anything? Nah, not really, I was just curious. Both great consoles, and not bad scores either for this early on. For comparison, top ten games on the PS3 came to 95.5 and on the 360 it was 95.7, so identical really.

MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby MEGAHYDER » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:43 pm

PC + WII U BEST COMBO

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Wii U isn't even on the radar for 95% of gamers. It was a good idea terribly executed.

Return to “Games Talk”