Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Re: Next-Gen Consoles

Postby Ekona » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:19 am

All four of them?

SM3DW
MK8
Bayonetta 2
Erm... The next Zelda?

Two years on, it should be better than that.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby MEGAHYDER » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Wonderful 101, pikmin 3, hyrule warriors, new super mario bros U, Wind Waker HD, monster hunter 3 (4 soon)

FRom my point of the view, literally the ONLY PS exclusive I've ever wanted was TLOU and Demon's Souls. Not one XBOX exclusive have I ever cared about. Nintendo are the only company offering exclusive games that aren't bullshit AAA "CINEMATIC EXPERIENCES"

qazimod
Tag: Not gazimod

Postby qazimod » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:34 pm

Oh yeah I got a PS4 last Sunday; it seems quite good :D or at least it seemed good once the massive patches had finished downloading for each of the games I have. The controller is very nice, I like the dashboard/UI and the console itself is quiet and unassuming, at least compared to the massive whirring beast I was expecting to come out of the box. I know there are complaints about PSN being flaky or the console having dodgy controllers, but most of the games I want to play next year will be released on PS4, so this was the only option for me. :P

keasy
Tag: Argumentative cunt.

Postby keasy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:45 pm

MEGAHYDER wrote:PC + WII U BEST COMBO

A man after my own heart.

PC and Wii-U combi here as well.

Wii-U may not have a whole shitload of games but what's there is quality. MK8 and Super smash Bro's alone justify the cost of the console and as for the new Zelda, well thinking of it makes me do a sex wee.

Joe

Postby Joe » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:29 pm

I shall be paying CEX a visit soon to dump the 360 along with its games and associated peripherals, adding a nice chunk to the PS4 budget.

Questions:

I had a quick look around and CEX seems to offer the best trade-in prices for consoles and games - Does anyone know of anywhere else that offers better value? (not eBay)

When we get the PS4 we will also want to pick up a second controller and the wireless charging station thing. Are there any other essential peripheral bits or cables we should try to acquire for day one?

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Media remote? We were quite happily using a controller, but when Jo discovered how easy it is to use Netflix and Plex she was killing the battery on mine. I figured that stumping up for a remote was the best thing all round really.

Can't help with the trade-in, I did all mine at GAME when I pre-ordered as they were doing 10% extra.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

qazimod

Postby qazimod » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:02 pm

For peripherals, you may want to look at headsets if you plan on playing online, as the one that comes in the box is more like a mono earphone with an inline mic. (That said, I haven't actually shopped around for alternatives yet myself...)

Also, it's not a peripheral, but you could consider a subscription code for PlayStation Plus (Sony's equivalent of Xbox Live) as it opens up various online features in games and there are monthly free games available to subscribers (again, similar to Games with Gold on Xbox.) Some games come with a trial of Plus and this could be useful for making your mind up.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Good call, PS Plus is a must-have with a PS4, same as XBL has always been for the Xbox.

Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:01 am

I didn't mention PS Plus as it seemed like an obvious prerequisite for the full PS4 experience.

Media remote is a good call, I'll probably pick up a headset down the line as well. Anyone looked into PSTV? Seems like it could be useful for streaming around the house to a different TV for those times when Helen's locked into a House marathon on Netflix.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:43 am

Not sure I'd bother, there seems to be a general buzz that for generic stuff it's okay (puzzlers, or strategy) but for anything requiring reactions the lag is a little frustrating. Same as the streaming to the Vita.

Also, why would you not watch House instead?! Love that show, still need to get round to watching the last couple of series.

Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:01 pm

I was thinking more for those times when I haven't seen Jay all day and he wants to play Disney Infinity with me and we don't want to monopolise main TV usage. Will probably wait and see with PSTV though, read a few more reviews etc.

RB

Postby RB » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 pm

I own a PSTV. It is shit. Streaming games is laggy and low res, it doesn't play all vita games. It doesn't do Netflix or anything like that. If it wasn't free to me I'd be fucked right off by it.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Ah. That's 80 quid saved then.

Cheers RB

qazimod

Postby qazimod » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:51 pm

The Xbox One S is apparently out today - I had no idea that the release was so soon as I skipped over a lot of E3 bits and don't follow MS news that much. Are any Xbox One owners thinking of upgrading? Is anyone who passed on the console before tempted now?

Return to “Games Talk”