Tomb Raider

Discussion of games and gaming
kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Re: Tomb Raider

Postby kingweed » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:21 am

I picked up the game yesterday, got it for £25 for the 360 so can't complain.

Got through the first level last night, managed to get 100% on it but took fucking AGES. The treasure maps make it so much better/easier but they don't include those little bastards (that you shoot down) on them.

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:24 pm

And complete.

Played about 6 hours yesterday and about 6 today. Managed to get 100% complete. :)

Don't think i'll bother with the multi player.

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Fucking hell you must skip some cutscenes......

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:43 pm

Jezreel wrote:Fucking hell you must skip some cutscenes......

I do. I actually think I took longer. Played a about 3 hours this morning as well.

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Was gon' say. I've played 10 hours and unlocked 24% according to steam. That must be achievements though or something.

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:37 pm

I just kind of beast through each level.

Go for broke sort of style.

find the map then look for the stuff and highlight them to find them easier.

Being able to fast travel speeds everything up as well.

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:07 am

Picked this up for under £20 a few days ago. Just discovered some extra DLC, so I bought a bunch of that. 84p. Now THAT's what DLC should cost... :D

Loving the game, although, even with skipping the cut-scenes, I've no idea how kingweed got 100% in 48 hours (unless that was with a catheter involved, along with a friend providing water and nutrient packs the whole time). It's massive!

Not wholly thrilled with some of the almost-cut-scenes, just because you have to press the exact button at almost the exact right time or poor Lara gets eaten by a wolf, shot in the face, thrown off a cliff or impaled up through the skull... multiple times. Or maybe I just suck at some aspects.

Absolutely love the bow. Or maybe it's the way that arrows stick out of their faces after a head shot. Yes. I'm fine with that happening to THEM.

Bought a DLC silencer for my pistol (£0.11), so will have some more fun with that tomorrow. Barely using the machine gun and the shotgun.

Also, this is my first experience with a Tomb Raider game, so quite impressed with the whole thing so far.

Polito45
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom wanks yet

Postby Polito45 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Mr.Clark wrote:... this is my first experience with a Tomb Raider game, so quite impressed with the whole thing so far.

WHAT??? Have you been in a coma? or prison?

What exactly were you doing with your life when you could have been backing Lara into an alcove and spending 20 minutes trying to look down her blouse?
And then deciding that it was official and you were actually creeping your self out. :? :oops: :roll:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." — Aristotle

DJ
Tag: Cured

Postby DJ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:45 pm

It's brilliant. The QTE isn't too bad and doesn't put me off. I love the exploring and finding stuff. Plus sat in my XRocker gaming chair it sounds AMAZING. Looks epic on the X1.

MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby MEGAHYDER » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:50 am

I tried playing it and got bored within a couple of hours

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:22 pm

I fucking loved it and wanted moar. Best game I'd played for ages, wish I'd got it on the 360 when it first came out.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

MEGAHYDER
Tag: CAPS LOCK CLUB CAPTAIN

Postby MEGAHYDER » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 pm

too much going on

didn't having to level everything, didn't the amount of UI, didn't like the amount of killing, didn't like the amount of cutscenes, don't like collectibles in games

i like simplicity

don't like capital letters and punctuation and grammar neither

Dan

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:17 am

Got this in the summer sale. Just started playing. It's amazing. Looks fantastic (though my graphics card can't really cope with the pretty pretty hair), the controls are perfection, great plot tied together with great voice acting, and I don't actually mind the cutscene stuff - it's much more immersive to lose control for five seconds and have Lara seamlessly crawl through a crevice than have me bumping her repeatedly into invisible walls until getting the angle just right.

Just need to finish it before Far Cry 4.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Good timing, I was thinking of having another run through of this last night. Can't wait until the next one comes out, that's going to be a must-buy.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Return to “Games Talk”