Titanfall

Discussion of games and gaming
Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Titanfall

Postby Ekona » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 am

Is just superb. It's like how games used to be: FUN.

I hate FPS online games, full of cocks and I die every five secs. I don't here, and it's all the better for it. Sure, might be too casual for the hardcore, but I'm playing it and just enjoying having actual fun for a change. Mechs are awesome, and wall running is just proper fun and a great way to outsmart folks when you get your head around the principle.

Honestly, this is one of the most fun games I've played for years. Much better than that Thief crap.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Ekona

Re: Titanfall

Postby Ekona » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:53 pm

No-one else? Not even going to grab on 360?

Honest, this is fucking mint. Best game I've played in a year, easy, and I hate MMFPS games. I've even hit the zone now where I'm not completely shit :lol:
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:24 pm

South Park Stick of Truth is 2014 GOTY
No Xbone and no Free Siddy here fo me soz pal

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Get it on the PC then foo'

It's made of winsauce

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Its on Peecee?
Isn't it multisplat only?

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Nope, PC too. Arguably prettier too.

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Cool, I'll, er "borrow" it from my Uncle.

qazimod
Tag: Not gazimod

Postby qazimod » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:41 pm

360 footage is finally surfacing after lots of awkward silence surrounding the last-gen version of Titanfall. A lot of people just assumed that it was a combination of people wanting to promote the Bone as much as possible, and a lack of confidence in the quality of the 360 version. However, from the videos I've seen it actually looks pretty decent. From a side-by-side comparison you could say that the graphics are a little murkier, or that there's a bit of texture pop-in at times (like Rage on 360, the console has to stream the textures, rather than holding them in memory like the PC or Bone versions), but the actual gameplay looks just as much fun. :D

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:13 pm

It really does look quite superb, doesn't it? If it plays as good, it'll deserve huge success.

Still love it.

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:22 am

Hm if it's not heavily compromised on the 360 I'll definitely be looking to get this.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:27 am

Even if it's graphically weaker, with the pop-up, you'll be having too much fun to notice. People piss and moan about the Xbone being 792p and some tearing and other shit, but I've not noticed anything at all.

Occasionally I get a bit of lag, but that's the server and/or my internet connection. Nowt to do with the game.

DJ
Tag: Cured

Postby DJ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:43 pm

I have it on the X1. Must admit it's not bad fun. But I've gotten a little bored of it and downloaded Tomb Raider which is some kind of gaming genius, absolutely love it.
The thing with Titanfall is it's just too vacuous I think. Plus everyone is a billionty times better than me so I die a lot. If it had had more depth I might have enjoyed it more, but it's like Halo in that it's accessible and fun to play, but not as good as Halo because there's not much variety.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:55 am

Stick with it, you'll find a point where you suddenly realise you're not getting killed every 5 secs. What mode do you play on? I like Hardpoint as there's more strategy involved, even if they have nerfed the points for defense which sucks. Even when I have my Titan, I tend to spend more time leaving it in guard mode than I do in the bloody thing.

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:40 am

I just got it for my cake day and while the gameplay itself is great, the loading times between matches are abysmal. I don't know if it's shit servers or it's just taking ages to find enough players to fill the matches, but I'm seeing wait times of 5-10 minutes. The display even went dim at one point it was taking so long.

I'll download it to the HDD tonight to see if that helps, but so far I've spent more time looking at load screens than actually playing. Booo

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:27 pm

Never had issues like that on the Xbone. Initial load time to get to the title screen can be a bit long, but no issues with matchmaking.

Def not right, and I agree that would kill the game for me too.

Return to “Games Talk”