Ok I understand now

Joe

Re: Forza Horizon PS4 Equivalent?

Postby Joe » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:13 am

No I don't

Joe

Postby Joe » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:14 am

Also that there DriveClub is apparently much better now they've done a few updates and fixed the multiplayer mess - http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/7/657053 ... ystation-4

RB

Postby RB » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:22 pm

I still don't like the handling but I'm not much of a car game fan. It is lovely to look at though.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

qazimod
Tag: Not gazimod

Postby qazimod » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Driveclub PS Plus Edition was released this week - essentially it seems to be a generous playable demo that is missing campaign stuff, a bunch of cars, and other tracks/locations. It still has multiplayer modes, solo events and other stuff though, so it might be worth a look if you've been uncertain about going for it...

PS Store link

Joe

Postby Joe » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:35 am

Now we're in the new house and have internets back I'll be downloading it tomorrow to give it a go.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Any good?
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:14 am

Don't have it yet, will do this weekend

Joe

Postby Joe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:36 am

Hm, seems alright. Obviously the demo is limited in what you can drive and where, but it's pretty enough and gives you a decent taste of how the game plays. I have a feeling my open-world needs are going to be fulfilled to some extent by the new NFS release though

Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:20 pm

UPDATE

I did eventually get Driveclub from CEX for a tenner and found it to be more accessible than Project CARS but not particularly fulfilling as driving/racing games go. Too limited in scope and so many of the good cars tantalisingly locked up in pricey DLC packs. However, this weekend I spotted The Crew: Ultimate Edition on the PS Store for £25 (so that's the original game, the two expansions plus the season pass and every DLC car) and thought I'd at least give the demo a go. I liked it. I liked it right up until I hit the demo time limit, so I went ahead and bought the full thing.

Yes, the cutscenes are dumb. Yes, the in-game currency system is confusing. Yes, the AI opponents do at times appear to be superhuman.

BUT!

The open-world style is exactly what I wanted. The map is HUUUUUGE and varied. The cars on offer (and the different street, performance, dirt, raid and circuit specs for each) are lovely and have their own handling characteristics and decent sounds. I haven't done many of the missions yet because frankly all I wanted was loads of cars and a massive map to drive around in.

I don't know what issues there were with servers, handling, graphics or whatever when the game launched, but they seem to be fixed 3 years later. I can't imagine having paid £45 for this brand new but £25 fully patched with two expansions and a bucketload of free cars seems miraculous. The only problem now is that this is the first game to put a serious dent in my Destiny habit in the last 3 years, so now it's much harder to choose what to play of an evening..

Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Also the game came alive when I changed the driving mode from "All Driving Help" to "Hardcore". This disables traction control and counter-steering help, so you can reliably throw your vehicle sideways and control your angle without the game interfering. Much more natural, much more control.

qazimod

Postby qazimod » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:04 pm

GT Sport's been dated: 17th October...

I seriously expected this to disappear into 2018, so yay. Of course, the release could still slip...

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Totally going to be 2018 :lol:

Did you see the comparison video between GTS and F7 before they got pulled? GT looks like something from early PS3 days next to F7, despite them both running on PS4P/XBX respectively. I know looks aren't everything, especially in driving games, but it really does look like Polyphony have been massively left behind now. That said, GTS in VR could be special enough on it's own.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

qazimod

Postby qazimod » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:27 am

So who's got the speed and bandwidth to attempt downloading a time-limited 43Gb GT Sport demo?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/gran-turismo-sport-limited-time-demo/cid=EP9001-CUSA10194_00-GTSPORTBETA20001

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:32 pm

I kinda feel like they've almost dropped a bollock on this one, seeing how limited GT Sport appears to be. Don't get me wrong, FM7 has waaaaaaaay too many cars but T10 have also removed a lot of basic stuff from their game too (no hotlapping is unforgiveable!). I just don't get why Polyphony can't produce a proper Gran Turismo, it's what everyone wants and they've taken long enough to get here. It's not even cool how long they take to get their games out now.

I would recommend buying PC2 instead as it's an absolute masterpiece with a decent wheel, but that's on PC and so many friends have said it's still a buggy mess on the consoles, which is a shame. :(

Return to “Games Talk”