Mass Effect Andromeda

Discussion of games and gaming
Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda

Postby Ekona » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:40 am

Ooooh I didn't know the app let you do that, might have to grab it now. Always seemed a bit tacked-on in-game, but then I guess it's more for the MP side of stuff.

34 hours in now :oops:
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:48 am

New sniper rifle lets me headshot someone through the head of someone else.

DOUBLE KILL MOTHERFUCKERS! :megaexcitedlols:

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Hah, awesome!

I only run with pistol and assault rifle as I don't want the weight penalty another gun brings :(
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Ditto, but I don't carry the assault rifle.

So I finally stuffed PeeBee in the escape pod. But it turns out she was quite convincing at getting me to not throw her off the ship... :oops:

She said keep it casual and discrete, so hopefully Suvi won't get annoyed... :?

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:38 am

I'm going to try and bang the reporter too :D

Helios

Postby Helios » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:21 pm

You two should just play a hentai dating sim.
Although those won't have big guns in them.

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Ekona wrote:I'm going to try and bang the reporter too :D

Like Lexi, she has "professional ethics". Unlike Lexi, hers end when she finishes the documentary. And also looking for something casual.

Ryder? More like Easy Ryder, amirite? ;)

Helios wrote:You two should just play a hentai dating sim.
Although those won't have big guns in them.

To be fair, the guns are a bigger part of the game for me than the virtual dating.

siteguru
Tag: SIR CUNTALOT
Location: Out of view ... but I AM watching you! MWUHAHAHAHA!!

Postby siteguru » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:50 am

For some reason I have a mental image of pixelated strippers like from (I think) Duke Nukem 3D. :mrgreen:

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Easy Ryder :lol:

47 hours in, just over 50% completion. Blimey.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:49 pm

So apparently the trans community actually hate Hainly Abrams, because she mentions her previous name. This is known as a dead name, and apparently most trans people don't tell anyone this.

Well fuck, talk about not doing right for doing wrong. Never mind that some trans people don't mind talking about their past, because most don't this now clearly makes the character a complete joke. So much so that Bioware are changing the conversation you have with her in the patch this week.

Like I said, I felt the character was shoehorned in a bit, but it felt appropriate to include a trans character in a Bioware game. Bet they're really glad they bothered now.

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 pm

I must have missed some dialogue, as I didn't notice her mentioning anything, and I'm normally pretty good about the "why did you come to Andromeda" question...

Oh well. Better luck next time?

At least they've done it, which will encourage more companies to properly represent yet another demographic that at best gets ignored and at worst is just the butt of a couple of jokes.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:27 pm

I just think it's a shame that they're getting told "THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG HOW DARE YOU REPRESENT US LIKE THIS!!" rather than "Hey this is great, but maybe next time you could try this instead?".

Do trans people really need representing in games? I mean don't ignore the fact they exist but neither stick them in as a box-ticking exercise.

RB

Postby RB » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:03 pm

If they add anymore letters to LGBTQ it'll include everyone and we can just go back to being people instead segregated categories that require special treatment.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Ekona wrote:Do trans people really need representing in games? I mean don't ignore the fact they exist but neither stick them in as a box-ticking exercise.
I'm going to go with "I think yes, but you should probably ask some trans people".

If you were trans, would it bother you that you weren't well represented in games? Or that the representation of you is normally boiled down to "I thought she was hot until I learned she used to be a guy"?

I think it would irritate the hell out of me.

RB wrote:If they add anymore letters to LGBTQ it'll include everyone and we can just go back to being people instead segregated categories that require special treatment.
It's not the letters, but the social treatment people get. Once everyone is included, then we can go back to being people instead of categories, but at the moment (more so in America than here), you can still get fired just for being trans, or gay in some places.

In an ideal world, no, it wouldn't matter. But we don't live there yet.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:59 am

I'm not bothered that plumbers aren't taken seriously in games (we don't jump on turtles' heads), or that cat owners aren't taken seriously in games. Both of those are more intricate to my personality than my gender preference, but it's not something I'll ever worry about. I guess I just don't care who I'm playing as or who is in the game, as long as the game is enjoyable.

But yeah, CIS privilege and all that so I know my opinion is worthless.

Anyway, I'm not sure I prefer the eyes in the new patch. Everyone now looks stoned :lol:

Return to “Games Talk”