Batman Arkham Knight

Discussion of games and gaming
Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Batman Arkham Knight

Postby Ekona » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:19 am

Next Tuesday folks! :D

Really looking forward to this after the shambles that was Origins, however with Rocksteady back I'm sure it'll be ace. Just look at it!
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Re: Batman Arkham Knight

Postby kingweed » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Awesome!

I've had it pre ordered for a while now :D

RB

Postby RB » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:10 pm

My preorder shipped today. Plus it was free because Game gave me 100 virtual shares for being amazing which I sold for £150ish in reward card money.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:57 am

This is getting some seriously impressive reviews, there's some quality websites giving it a 10 :shock:

Totally stoked for this now.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Joe

Postby Joe » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:29 pm

3.5GB day one patch. LAWL

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Hah, really?! That's insane!

God bless digital downloads and automatic updating :wubs:

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:06 am

Today! :D

Mine's unlocked and all ready to go, I checked before I left the house this morning in case I had a sneaky 3.5GB download waiting for me.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Oh my this is soooo goood

It's so very pretty, so full of life, so much to do. The Batmobile is a bit awkward to control and the tutorials somewhat lacking in details, but I'm nit picking. You need this in your life.

RB

Postby RB » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm not enjoying it. Only 30mins in but so far, not impressed. Graphics are a disappointment, definitely not what the PS4 is capable of. The city doesn't seem as full of things to do as the previous games. Maybe that will come shortly. I was expecting more from the off though as this is the last in the trilogy.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:55 am

We must be playing a different game. Look at the rain as it hits the Batsuit, or the reflections as it cascades around the gutters on the clock tower. The diffused lighting from the neon signs, the debris kicked up by the Batmobile. It's beautiful, even on the weaker Xbone.

There's lots to do in the city, but you have to unlock the waypoints. The 250+ Riddler bits are done via chasing down the green cars that crop up every now and then, and I've had random radio messages about the firefighters. The bodies I'm not so sure of, apparently I need to listen out for opera music but I'm sure there must be a better way than that. The AR games are good fun as well as being challenging (50+ combo is much harder to get than I remember!), and I love how I can upgrade so much more than before.

It does depend on how much you've done in that 30mins, you may well be a way from unlocking these bits. The Fear Takedowns are just immense though, they're exactly what the game needed.

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Postby kingweed » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:42 pm

:lol:

RB

Postby RB » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:43 pm

I think I've been spoiled by the graphics in Drive Club where the rain on the windscreen has physics applied so the harder you corner the faster it moves left and right across the glass and that sort of gorgeousness.

I loved the previous games so I'm sure I'll get into it but I was expecting proper next gen graphics. It even looks a bit old hat on the PC videos I've seen.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:46 pm

I suspect if you compare it to AA, AC or Origins, you'll see the improvement.

DCUK7

Postby DCUK7 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:44 pm

The level of detail in AK is actually pretty unreal. You can test this by focusing on an object and seeing how far away you can get from it. Usually the game will render right into the distance to give the effect that Gotham is vast.

Also, the group street thug count is five times larger than the group thugs in AC. I had a fight with 5 thugs but it was right near a riot on the street and by the end of the fight I'd KO'd at least 20 dudes. Also, each rain drop has reflection effects so they reflect the colour of the light around them.

The season pass content looks ace too. I cannot wait to get the classic Batmobile skins and I am really looking forward to the Batgirl DLC (I really hope its The Killing Joke storyline or at least leads into that story. It's perfect for this game).

Return to “Games Talk”