More stupid wordpress

For help and advice about coding

Moderator: Tech Moderators

RobD
Tag: Too cool for School

More stupid wordpress

Postby RobD » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi Again,

I'll promise to try and not post about wordpress after this one but its kind of not for me!

My sister has this site, http://peakofwellbeing.com/

Now when she wanted this site I said, I cant code meaning I cant make you a real website to fit your company colours etc so she went off to a company who made her the above site un-known to me in wordpress...fine I thought at least its the correct set of colours and works as it should....

But something is bugging me, its the title bar.. the contact us bit doesnt line up and for the love of god I cant get it to line up.
See here:

The company who made the site (who have since disappeared) used a wordpress visual editor called HeadWay which doesn't seem to give me the option to re-size the title bar or the sites main borders meaning I'm stuck.

Anyone have any idea what I do to fix this or am I stuck being annoyed with it?

Thanks very much
Woop Woop Woop

Blak
Tech Moderator
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Re: More stupid wordpress

Postby Blak » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 pm

It doesn't fit because there isn't enough space for everything to fit into a single line, you don't change the width of the whole item because that's meerly based on the sizes of the elements it contains.

Easiest way of solving this is to reduce the padding between each menu item to make the total width smaller.

A quick bit of Dev tooling suggests that reducing padding-left and padding-right on the css declaration ".block-type-navigation ul.menu li a" (search for that in your css file) from "padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 11px;" to "padding-left: 7px; padding-right:8px;" solves it.

Tweaking your the layout of the menu so it sits flush to the right side of the page (while keeping all sub menus left aligned) would be handy too:

#menu-main-navigation-2 {text-align:right; }
.block-type-navigation li ul.sub-menu {text-align:left; }

RobD
Tag: Too cool for School

Re: More stupid wordpress

Postby RobD » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:08 am

Thanks so much Blak, I've been buggering around with it for ages and got no where (a little knowledge is a dangerous thing)!!!

Really appreciate it!!

Rob
Woop Woop Woop

Return to “Coding”