Do we need sub-admins?

A place for members to nominate people for modship and to take issue with current mods.

Should Clark stay as sub-admin?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:58 pm

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes: 19

Mr.Clark

Do we need sub-admins?

Postby Mr.Clark » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:58 pm

I have made more than one questionable decision in the past, and since we have plenty of mods and admins, I'm beginning to wonder if I should have this power.

No-one's asked for a custom tag in a while, and every spur-of-the-moment decision I take involving admin powers seems to go slightly wrong.

I got the rank for hosting TOP for a short while when RB had problems with web-hosting. Now that he's had it back and it's moved hosts again, perhaps now is the time for me to step down.

I'll leave the poll running until Sunday. After that, demote me to Peasant if that is the will of the People.

Steve
Tag: SSSSSSSSssssssssss

Re: Do we need sub-admins?

Postby Steve » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:43 pm

Everything seems fine as it is, I see no reason why you shouldn't stay sub-admin.

foxi

Postby foxi » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:15 pm

Mr.Clark wrote:I got the rank for hosting TOP for a short while when RB had problems with web-hosting. Now that he's had it back and it's moved hosts again, perhaps now is the time for me to step down.

Uh didn't you have a little hissy fit when your admin powers got taken away after the forum moved and thats why you got made into a sub-admin?
EVERYTHING!!!11

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:45 pm

I don't see a problem with the way things is at the moment.

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:51 pm

Hmmm. Sub.
*makes sub*

Joe

Postby Joe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:00 pm

Sub-admins are unnecessary at the moment, and the devil makes work for idle thumbs.

So me say no.

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:11 pm

foxi wrote:
Mr.Clark wrote:I got the rank for hosting TOP for a short while when RB had problems with web-hosting. Now that he's had it back and it's moved hosts again, perhaps now is the time for me to step down.

Uh didn't you have a little hissy fit when your admin powers got taken away after the forum moved and thats why you got made into a sub-admin?

There may have been a sarcastic comment thrown in, but I hope I never gave the impression that I was any sort of power-crazed maniac... :|

RB

Postby RB » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:01 pm

I can confirm that the reason I Sub Admined Mr C was in thanks for running the place at short notice. And the fact he has always seemed like a fair minded and nice sort of bloke not prone to hissy fits.

I say stay as Sub admin unless you start getting craig style flamings.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Nemesis
Tag: Misanthrope

Postby Nemesis » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:26 pm

This place barely needs moderators, let alone sub-admins.

Tis pointless in my eyes and if, by your own admission you have screwed stuff up, maybe it ain't such a hot idea.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:38 pm

I'm in two minds over this.

One part says that you've made a few errors in judgement (by your own admission), but you're not the first and you certainly won't be the last: Hell, I almost lost a really good friend on here because I acted first and thought later. I learnt my lesson, and I reckon you should certainly be allowed to stay on. Also you helped this place out a lot when things went tits-up at RB's end, and we can all certainly be thankful for that.

However, as Tom points out there's not really a lot whole lot to do here right now, so maybe less people with the ability to cock things up is a good idea. And yes, I include myself in that.

So... Yes you should probably go, but certainly not because you made a few mistakes.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:52 pm

Impeach the drunken cunt first.

*looks round*

Mirror!

nomis
Site Admin
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby nomis » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:12 am

There are two questions in this thread...

The title: Do we need sub-admins

To that I'd say no

The poll: Should Mr C stay as a sub-admin

This however I say yes, because Mr C did help us out in a time of need, and hasn't done anything even close to bad enough to warrant being stripped of his title.

Sure we don't need them, but don't see any benefit in change for change sake.

In short; Nuffins broke so no fix required

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:21 am

Impassioned pleas and speeches aside. THe poll carries the whole weight. And if it's my weight. It's weighty. Just weight a second. I'm going to the ilse of weight.

Mr.Clark

Postby Mr.Clark » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:02 pm

The People have spoken.

My thanks to those that still have confidence in me :)

However, the Nays have it.

But it's 11-7 against (and my No vote), so I've resigned as sub admin.

And... relax :)

As to whether or not to keep a sub admin group in case it's needed, I leave that up to someone else to worry about. :D

Return to “Mod Elections/Impeachments”