Lockdown

A place for members to nominate people for modship and to take issue with current mods.
Craig

Lockdown

Postby Craig » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:50 pm

I think there is too much trigger happy locking going on. It may be a personal dig at me, it may not be, but either way, there should be some guidance on moderators actions, say for example a lock should only be applied in extreme circumstances where the topic has gone way too far in its content. I disagree with lock going on a thread that has just got to a point (like both my recent threads - see below), there was nowt wrong wiv them, and should have been left open for any futrher additional posts.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=392
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=393

Helios

Re: Lockdown

Postby Helios » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:15 am

I agree with what you're saying, but this is a referendums forum.
And I ain't seeing no question in your post.
:)

nomis
Site Admin
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby nomis » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:29 am

A crap thread that was a crap rip off of Dans thread.

The 2nd thread was locked because the first one was reopened. Thereby making the 2nd thread redundant and spreading the convo between two threads.

Should either have been locked, dunno maybe not. Would either thread be missed (by anyone other than craig :P ;) ) probably not.

Make better threads, then you wont have to worry about them being locked.

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:40 am

Kuchiki Taicho wrote:I agree with what you're saying, but this is a referendums forum.
And I ain't seeing no question in your post.
:)
To be fair, it is the best place for it. My personal views on this remain the ones which I expressed in the thread in question.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:34 am

I reckon it's better suited to in here myself, as it's an issue with a mod that Craig has. ;)

I almost see your point here Craig, but the fact remains that your thread was just a copy of the original thread and was really serving no purpose at all. Hell, if Jez hadn't locked it my guess is that it would've gone right off the bottom of the main forum page now. Would I personally have locked the thread? No, I probably wouldn't have, but that doesn't mean I don't stand by Jez's decision to do it 100%.

Two final points: Have/did you bother PM'ing Jez at all to try and sort this out between you before going public, and if you're that bothered by the whole affair then you are more than welcome to start a poll to impeach Jez, such is the democratic nature of this forum.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Jezreel

Postby Jezreel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:37 am

I locked the first because as I said I thought it was shit, and you complained in another thread so I reopened the one you wanted, making the complaining thread redundant.

If you want me de-modded, just make the poll.

I explained all this in the one I locked. So you make yet another. Use the thread that I already reopened that you wanted to make some serious discussion in, (yet have failed to do so, so far)

Make the poll man. In fact ask for you to be moderator too at the same time.
No, wait.

I'll do it.

+EDIT+ and no, he just wants a dig at me because we don't get on.

Joe

Postby Joe » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:52 am

The first thread reached its conclusion and Craig has thus far failed to add anything else to it. The argument "it should be left open for further discussion" is therefore total bollocks. If Craig cared as much about that thread as he does lambasting Jez then he would have posted in it already, rather than sitting here making whiney emo topics like this one.

The second thread was rendered moot by the first being reopened.

And now this thread.. The lack of a poll option makes it seem like a pretty one-sided dig at Jez, purely for the hell of it. Perhaps it's time to take a little break from internets and get some perspective, Craig. There's bigger things in life than "he locked my manboobs topic BOO HOO"

Craig

Postby Craig » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:03 am

I actually not got a problem wiv Jez, just the sudden locking thing. Ive said my part now, you all know my opinion on heavy handed locking.

nomis
Site Admin
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby nomis » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:05 am

oh the irony! :lol:

RB

Postby RB » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:43 pm

Craig wrote:I think there is too much trigger happy locking going on.

A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Craig

Postby Craig » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:22 pm

Return to “Mod Elections/Impeachments”