THE ULTIMATE CAR THREAD

Post as you see fit
Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Re: THE ULTIMATE CAR THREAD

Postby Ekona » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:24 am

The MX5 NC I'm currently using will be going soon as it doesn't have enough space to carry baby stuff in (it does have ISOFIX in the front though!), so I reckon I'll be hinting after an E90 325/330 next. They seem to be pretty good value right now, £5K for a decent non-galactic mileage one. Mate of mine has just bought an E90 320 and although the four pot is a little rough, it drove nicely enough and the auto 'box was pretty solid. I'll be after a manual though as I don't think an auto would give me the fun I need when I'm on my own in the car.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Captain Sisko
Tag: Hasn't realised that there are custom ranks yet

Postby Captain Sisko » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:14 pm

ISOFIX? Babystuff?

Don't tell me the next car will be an SUV? :shock:

Oh wait you said BMW 3 series petrol - Phew! :lol:

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:28 pm

SUV, wash your mouth out with soap!
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Captain Sisko

Postby Captain Sisko » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:48 am

I haven't done that since I was a kid!! Brushing teeth using Palmolive

My insurance claim is gonna be sorted. Now im thinking do I fix up my Focus mechanically or sell it for a Panda 100HP?

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:42 pm

Sell.

Captain Sisko

Postby Captain Sisko » Thu May 02, 2019 8:05 am

Panda 100HP or should I go a bit more impractical and get...….the Fiat 500 with the same engine? They both have the same chassis and cost about the same.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Thu May 02, 2019 8:46 am

Panda every time. The standard 500 is a girls car and isn't a particularly nice drive.

The Abarth version however, is hysterical fun. Even the boggo version is a hoot.

Captain Sisko

Postby Captain Sisko » Thu May 02, 2019 9:14 am

My friends and family think i'm a bit odd looking at the Panda 100HP

But I don't think they understand the rarity and fun factor

The other car on my list is the iconic Volvo 850 T5

Captain Sisko

Postby Captain Sisko » Fri May 03, 2019 10:29 am

My sister finally replaced her Microbe (Nissan Micra 2004 the bug eyed version)

She was getting advice from some of her friends but not realising they were going off their budgets which were 2 to 3 times as much as my sisters.

Shes gone with my suggestion out of necessity as her insurance was expiring on the Microbe! She was looking at aother 2004 plate Micra with air-con and I was like :shock:

Gone for the Hyundai i30 2007 plate with the 1.4l petrol engine. Reasonable priced, good equipment and cheap to tax at £160

Doesnt beat my Focus in the driving stakes though

siteguru
Tag: SIR CUNTALOT
Location: Out of view ... but I AM watching you! MWUHAHAHAHA!!

Postby siteguru » Wed May 08, 2019 4:37 pm

I've replaced my Insignia Grand Sport 1.6TDi Tech Line Nav 67 plate, with a .... Insignia Grand Sport 1.6TDi Tech Line Nav 67 plate! :o

On Monday someone rammed the back of my car so I've now got a hire car replacement until mine is fixed (or written off). Vehicles in front of me braked fairly sharply because the car at the front (Car 1) indicated late and braked to take the junction on the left. Car 2 braked OK; Car 3 braked OK; Car 4 (me) braked OK; Car 5 (3rd party) missed the brake pedal, hit the clutch pedal and must have been doing 50+ when they hit me (I was probably down to 10 mph). Rear of my car is all stoved in, crumpled hatch lid (although the rear screen is intact), bumper totally crushed and rear frame exposed (with a sharp, bent piece sticking out which makes the car unroadworthy until it is fixed - car would still drive). Airbags deployed apparently although I didn't see any - saw plenty of powder floating around though.

We're OK though ... my back was a bit stiff that afternoon and the following morning but has been OK since. I'll give it a few days to see if anything develops. Mrs and puppy were also in the car but they also seem OK - we were on the way to a holiday place for a couple of days for our 30th wedding anniversary (which was the day of the crash - we'll certainly remember it!)

Captain Sisko

Postby Captain Sisko » Thu May 09, 2019 9:09 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Glad you're all OK - sounds like it was quite a shunt.

Make sure you rest as after a rear end shunt you may feel discomfort/pain in your neck a few days after impact

Thats what happened to me.

Captain Sisko

Postby Captain Sisko » Tue May 14, 2019 3:00 pm

As much as i'm glad my sister went for my choice of car a Hyundai i30 over another same shape 2004 bug eyed Nissan Micra

Her Micra was the Microbe, the worst car in the family household. Now my siblings say my Focus mk1 is the "New Microbe" :shock: :yaar: :yaar2: :lol:

Yeah I know its all banter :lol: :lol: 8)

She took us all for a bit of a drive after having the car for a week so the car was 4 adults up (Me, sister, brother and cousin) My 6 foot cousin was in the front passenger seat, all the way back and the leg room in the back was still good.
The car handled speedbumps quite well too and the engine pulled nice and smooth - not quite like a performance car.

O one hand I can see that it's a well engineered, well equipped and a good all rounder as its not too expensive to run

Another part of me is a bit my choice was too good and I should have just shut up and let her buy another Micra :!: :twisted: :evil:

Captain Sisko

Postby Captain Sisko » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Captain Sisko wrote:The guys at work had a laugh about it!! in that it was me who spotted it and it was the receptionists car!!! See this Womans Stuff Thread!

My Focus is still knocking underneath - could be the droplinks as it had a trackrod end at the last service

No longer knocking
After taking the car back to my mechanic the knocking was a bush on the subframe. I'd have thought when that was all off to do the clutch all that would be checked over :?:
Never mind, it's driving awesome now - finally

Return to “The Lounge”