PS5 vs XSX

Discussion of games and gaming
Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

PS5 vs XSX

Postby Ekona » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:05 am

Anyone looking at either of these? Have to say I wasn’t that interested until I picked an XBX up the other month, now I can’t wait to jump back in. I’ll go MS again purely for the extra power and I prefer the pad, neither console looking good for exclusives really right now and in fairness I mostly play multiplats anyway (plus y’know, Forza over GT) but the promise of guaranteed 4K/60 consistently makes them both very attractive. Even on XBX the extra resolution is noticeable assuming you sit close enough to your telly to see the difference.

I feel like a big kid again, hopefully I’ll never grow out of getting excited come new console launches.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

RB

Re: PS5 vs XSX

Postby RB » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:34 am

I'll get both as usual and the loser will gather dust.
Unreal engine 5 which will be PS5 only apparently made me drool...

A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:21 pm

That does look very pretty indeed.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Helios
Tag: Hmph!

Postby Helios » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:30 pm

I'm going to wait many years until PS5 slim comes out, go through Metacritic to see what the best games are then buy.
Like I'm doing with PS4/ :P

keasy
Tag: Argumentative cunt.

Postby keasy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:56 pm

Stick with my Switch. PS4 hasn't been switched on in over 18 months for anything other than streaming video too.

I'll be buying either a 3080 or BigNavi.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:53 am

I bought Charlotte a Switch to play whilst she was pregnant during lockdown, mostly so I could carry on playing my games in peace :lol: She’s not really touched it much tbh, and I’ve not had a proper go yet.

RB

Postby RB » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:20 pm

I like my Switch but if I feel handheld it's still the 3DS I reach for.

keasy
Tag: Argumentative cunt.

Postby keasy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:43 pm

Talking of The Switch, LOZ: BOTW is just one of the best games ever made.
In fact, I just held my old fella up my Switch tonight to let him play it. He's what now, 79? And still a major gamer. He's exhausted everything of the genre he likes (action and adventure/exploration style) on his PS4 and I had to let him try a Ninty Zelda game of the same ilk.

The XBoxSX has piqued my interest now too. The parity between the new console and PC/Gamepass is brilliant sounding. Buy it on PC/XBoxSX and play it on either for one purchase cost and also sync saves etc between the two on the cloud. Sounds good.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:12 am

I’ve got GPU, and it’s worth every penny. Being able to play FSX and Battletoads this week, and fire up the Halos and FH4 and then all the random things you never thought would be as good as they are (the F1 games are some of the best driving games I’ve ever played) is truly brilliant. It all works so very very well.

I want LOZ:BOTW, but it’s still full price so sod that. One day though, one day.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:40 pm

Sod the consoles, I want a new 3080 gfx card instead. That thing is a monster!

RB

Postby RB » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:35 pm

I want a pair of Titan RTXs but for Blender not games.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:39 pm

Are the Titans any good for games anyway? Comparatively speaking.

RB

Postby RB » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:54 pm

If you use the game drivers and not the studio drivers then they shit all over their same chip generation 20x 30x counterparts.

The Quadro line are shit at games comparably. But you can set them rendering and leave them for months and they'll chew thorough it without error or overheating.

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:47 pm

MS blink first then, Nov 10 launch for both X and S, at £450 and £250 respectively. Oh, and now Game Pass Ultimate will include EA Access as well, as a cheeky little sweetener if you go that route.

Have to say, that’s some decent pricing there but I’m surprised MS announced before Sony, even if it was essentially leaked yesterday. If Sony match those prices (which I’ve no doubt they will, although the digital PS5 won’t be as cheap as the S) then it’ll be a solid sales win for the PS5 again I think. Unless by some miracle the multiplats look significantly better on the ‘Box. Which they won’t.

RB

Postby RB » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:40 pm

I just wish they'd get on with letting me preorder them. I need something to look forward to in this shitbag year.

Return to “Games Talk”