Re: The Mega Music Thread

Postby kingweed » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:22 pm

qazimod wrote:

Pretty cool.

qazimod
Tag: Not gazimod

Postby qazimod » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:43 pm

The Upbeats' remix album "Re-Evolution" came out today! There are a few tracks that don't really go anywhere but also some great new takes on old tunes :wubs:

qazimod

Postby qazimod » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:10 am

New Loadstar came out this week - as a whole it's kind of hit and miss, but there are one or two tracks I really liked :wubs:

qazimod

Postby qazimod » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:34 pm

I listened to the new deadmau5 yesterday evening / this morning. I can't link anywhere because it's a timed exclusive on Tidal (that paid streaming service from Jay-Z which he set up because Spotify is killing the industry, or something) but you can get a free trial and then turn off auto-renew or whatever. Anyway, the album's named "where's the drop?" and is essentially a bunch of orchestral renditions of classic tracks, so there's no thumping backbeat (literally; none of the songs have any kind of drum track) but instead the tunes are simply performed in an orchestral form rather than on synths and whatnot. It actually works better than I thought it would - the signature melodies of the tracks are recognisable, and suit the new format well. It's no longer something you can bop your head to at will, but it makes for nice background music.

I don't know when it's being released on regular formats - apparently deadmau5 prefers the audio quality of Tidal over Spotify etc - but again it's not difficult to cancel a trial.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:56 pm

I bet he prefers the extra money Tidal are paying him too ;)

I’ve been listening to the Megadeth back catalogue in the last few weeks, some utterly stupendous monsters on those albums I’d never bothered with before. Also listened to Generation Terrorist by the Manics today for the first time, I had no idea they used to be so heavy! Verging on punk/metal at times, great stuff.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

qazimod

Postby qazimod » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Nicki Minaj has a song called Chun-Li and the lack of any Street Fighter samples or lyrics about fighting the Shadaloo is disappointing. That is all.

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:17 pm

qazimod wrote:Nicki Minaj is disappointing. That is all.

Yup.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

Return to “The Lounge”