Tag: French cars, my favourite

The Grand Tour

Postby Gi Me Beer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:26 pm

Yes the boys are back, good job too.

qazimod
Tag: Not gazimod

Re: The Grand Tour

Postby qazimod » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:53 pm

Yeah, I subbed to Prime to check this out (I had a discount so it wasn't that bad :P ) and the first episode is promising. It still feels like New Top Gear (e.g. not the Quentin Wilson and Tiff Needell era) but it's kind of Old New Top Gear, where it was entertaining but they weren't doing ridiculous challenges for the sake of slapstick (I mean, that ambulance challenge in TG... :? )

Also it's shot really well too. Hopefully the future episodes will have more exotic locations as this was just kind of at a track rather than the old TG road trips...

qazimod

Postby qazimod » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Episode 2 is alright. The main feature gets a bit silly and some parts aren't very car-y, but there are good bits, including some great coverage of the Aston Martin Vulcan. :D

Ekona
Tag: Official member of the RB Anti Facist Party est. 2009

Postby Ekona » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Not seen the second one yet.

First was ok but the fat Yank, the RAF bit and the celeb section were teeth-pullingly painful to watch. The hypercar bit was excellent, except I'm sick of them taking the view that their given car is better than the others regardless: It's dull, predictable, and does the viewer a disservice. The intro was spectacular though, I'll give it that.

I think it was about as good as the first episode of new TG, which is an achievement in itself.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

kingweed
Tag: Tags eh ?

Postby kingweed » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:08 am

Ekona wrote:Not seen the second one yet.

First was ok but the fat Yank, the RAF bit and the celeb section were teeth-pullingly painful to watch. The hypercar bit was excellent, except I'm sick of them taking the view that their given car is better than the others regardless: It's dull, predictable, and does the viewer a disservice. The intro was spectacular though, I'll give it that.

I think it was about as good as the first episode of new TG, which is an achievement in itself.

I completely agree, it was just too much.

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:07 am

Just finished the second episode.

A few of the jokes where funny but the entire ep overall, wasn't that great tbh

It's like they are trying to hard to take the utter piss and be funny. Rain it in a bit and stop the nonsense and it'll be great again.

NeoDude

Postby NeoDude » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am

I liked the first episode, but not so much the second. Back when they were on Top Gear we kinda assumed that most of the "features" were set up, but it was done in a "not obvious" way, which I could live with. The feature on Ep 2 of TGT with the Special Forces training was obviously a big set up and I lost interest in it pretty early on.
Good Cunt

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:59 pm

The second one was probably the worst hour of TV I've seen for many a year. It was appalling.

Third was the best one yet. It's nearly as good as the first episode of new TG was now.
"Chav kids are like sand people. They're easily startled but they'll be back, and in greater numbers."

qazimod

Postby qazimod » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Okay, the episode 7 special is the best yet, mainly because there are next to no studio bits and it's all one big road trip feature in a pretty location.

Which TBH is what I thought every episode was going to be... :oops:

Ekona

Postby Ekona » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Would've been better if it was. I've given up watching, it's just too much like old TG was and for me that's a real shame. I expected more than just a more liberal sprinkling of knob jokes.

kingweed

Postby kingweed » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:48 am

Yeh the part 2 road trip has been the best yet.

They really need to cut down the studio crap and stop the celebrity crap.

RB

Postby RB » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:46 pm

I think I'm over it. At first my reaction was happy that Top Gear lived on but now I think it would have been better if it died when Clarkson punched that guy. It's just not going anywhere or doing anything new.
A slight majority of a statistically worthless sample size agree.

qazimod

Postby qazimod » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:42 pm

Caught up with episode 8 - part 2 of the special - and again it was great. In a way it's kind of a shame that it'll go back to the regular format after this, because the whole Namibia thing has been pretty fun. Hopefully the regular episodes will continue to have interesting features alongside the bad running jokes. :P

Return to “The Lounge”